32gb

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nexrus, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Nexrus macrumors newbie

I'm thinking of purchasing the new 32GB ipod. I've been researching it and it seems pretty sweet. I was wondering if there are any known bugs or anything else that I should know before forking out 400 bucks?

And also how is the web-browser? I've heard all good things about it. Thanks

2. Jeffrosproto macrumors 6502

I have no experience with the 32GB version, however, the web browser is great (except for the lack of flash, which is rumored to be coming in the future.)

3. SLC Flyfishing macrumors 65816

SLC Flyfishing

I've got the 32 and I've not had a single issue.

The browser is the best I've seen on a mobile device (meaning phones PDA's etc) but it's true that it doesn't have flash ability, you won't be able to play some videos from the web.

The way it seamlessly integrates with my Macbook is beautiful.

The capacity is about right (and I think I have more music than most folks).

The screen is beautiful.

I can't say enough good things about it. Worth every penny IMO!!!!

SLC

4. pilotrtc macrumors regular

I have the 32 GB and have had no weird out of the ordinary issues with it. Just the usual stuff you read on these boards. All in all, a great thing.

5. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I've got a 32B 1st gen and a 32G 2nd gen. 1st gen is wired into my home stereo almost exclusively, 2nd gen is always with me. I imagine when a 3rd Gen comes out (64G?!?!?!?) I'll buy that too, it will always be with me and the 2nd gen will become an exclusive part of my car stereo system.

You'll love it.

My only advice is that you might want to do research as to when a 3rd gen might be coming out. Time flies fast and if you can wait, it might be worth the wait.

Mike

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Conversely, if you want to wait until September when the new model DOES come out, that's your call.

7. syclick macrumors regular

Some expect a capacity upgrade to happen soon, but that's speculation at this point. I am just about to pull the trigger on a Touch 2G 32GB, but I think I will wait until at least the March 17th event, just in case. The event is to showcase the iPhone OS 3.0, but who knows...

8. Nexrus thread starter macrumors newbie

Well its good to hear that people are not having major problems. I feel the same way as a lot of you - I want to hold out and hope they drop the price or come out with a higher cap but I want one sooooo bad haha

9. NeGRit0 macrumors 6502a

NeGRit0

Don't know how big the city you live in is, but craiglist is amazing in mine. (las vegas) I'm posting from my jailbroken 32GB 2G iPod touch, at work via wifi. No personal browsing on work machines, but I got the IT guy to save the password in my ipod. It amazing, I'm never bored at work. I can keep up with my email, news, and forums. If you can wait a few months, like they said before there maybe a new one. If not check craigslist. I got mine for $250 with a cover, and alternate ear buds. Plus it was already loaded up with music, and vidoes. It's on manual sync so I just deleted the stuff I didn't like, and added my stuff on top so I wouldn't have to break the DRM.

Whatever you decide though I don't think you will be disappointed in the device. (other than nit picky things, oh and copy/paste)

10. niblum10 macrumors member

totally recommend. have had a 32GB 2G ipod touch for about 5 months and haven't had any big problems. if you get one, i would recommend a screen protector. supposedly, sand is the only thing that can scratch the screen, but i don't live near beaches or come into contact with sand and i still managed to scratch my screen slightly.

11. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Coincidentally, that's exactly what I'm doing. ;)

As you can see, it's either not a high priority for me, or else I really want some new features.