$350 Bluetooth Earpiece!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by buymeaniphone, Aug 21, 2007.

1. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

Has anyone tried out the Bang & Olufsen Earset 2 bluetooth earpiece? From what I hear the Jawbone is the best earpiece on the market but with a $350 price tag on this Earset 2, it makes you wonder what the quality is like. I think it looks more like an art piece than and ear piece. I'm curious to see if anyone has test this bad boy out. I had never even heard of it until I was browsing the Apple Online Store. [​IMG]

2. beate macrumors regular

I've seen it mentioned in a couple of threads so others have them (or tried them).
    I ordered it (from B&O as I needed Left Ear & Apple only carries Right Ear).
    Tried a couple of other BT headsets that did not work for me so I'm hoping this one will. Price is a bit obscene but I use their wired earphones for iPod & now iPhone and love them.

It looks big...I'm hoping it's not as overbearing as it looks on the B&O website.
    Now that you've started a thread...I'll just post the review here once I get the item...::impatient sigh::

3. Zandian macrumors regular

I finally settled for the B&O after trying the Jawbone, multiple Plantronics, Sony Ericsson, Apple, Motorola, and the Gennum NX6000.

My highest choice before the B&O was the Gennum. It sounded pretty great, had very good batter life, fit pretty good in the ear, and could be charged via usb.

Although I liked the Gennum, I really didn't like having something stuck in my ear. You could go with an earloop, but the earloop didn't fit my big head all that well. Though noise cancellation was pretty good.

The B&O sounds really great. It sounds good on my side, and others have told me it sounds just like I'm talking from my handset. The fit is great, though, I would prefer that the earplug type speaker was a little more form fitting to the ear. it isn't meant to go way in the ear though, so it's not that big of a deal. I really like how it turns on like the Motorola devices do, but swinging out the mic. I also like their method of noise cancellation by having two mics under the base of the mic boom, and at the end. I like that the speakers are placed under the boom to cut down on wind interference. I did have a bit of static when I first used it--but I don't hear it any more. I don't know if some wireless device in my house was conflicting with it or what, but once I got it in my car-where I use it almost primarily--I no longer hear static. Sound volume is very good too. Downside is that it doesn't come with a car charger. So I simply plugged in an AC inverter and use that to power the AC base unit. I mounted the base inside the car and that works fantastic. All you have to do is place it by the base and little magnets attach it to the base and start charging. Great idea!

It also is not quite as big as it might appear in the picture. It really doesn't look too bad. Of course with most all BT headsets one looks a bit geeky wearing it, but I don't think it looks that bad overall. It matches my black and chrome phone anyway!

Yes it is very expensive, and it was painful to do the cash outlay--but one benefit was that I used my $100 Apple credit to offset that a bit. However, I really think it is worth it since I use a headset so often in my car.

Zandian

4. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

I bought this headset back when it first came out and the only thing you could find in North America was the left ear, maybe and it came in a fancy black presentation box. This is by far the best BT headset I've used as far as quality. It works beautifully with the iPhone. If you have the ducks you should get one.