Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbrain

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
North-East, UK
Hi,

I have downloaded some custom content for The Sims 2 (Mac) but it won't install.

I double click on the .package file but all that happens is the Package Installer opens but it just says "Please double-click on a custom content package file to install the content." even though that is what I'm doing.

Please Help.

Thanks.

lisamcdee

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2007
If it's a .package file, you don't need to use the package installer. Simply drag the file into your downloads folder and it should appear in your game. (Make sure that you have enabled custom content.)

lisamcdee

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2007
If this is your first custom content you will have to create a downloads folder. It goes into your Sims folder along with your logs, collections, etc. (It's been so long since I first played the Sims 2 that I had forgotten that you have to do this step.)

joefish

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2007
??

But where exactly does the download folder go because just putting it in the sims 2 folder does nothin...does it need to go in a sub folder?

Zakkk8

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2007
The downloads folder is

(your name)/documents/ea games/the sims 2/downloads

if it's not there you may need to create one yourself, though that's rarely an issue.

C.ams

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2007
problem

i have aslightly different problem, i downloaded the sims 2, installed it, and everything was ok until i had to apply the crack... its one of those the blade corporation ones... so it tells me to select the sims 2.app. so i do, but then it says that you cant apply the patch on this file... anyone know why this mite be??? :confused::( please help!

aleh92

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2007
package installer!

hiiiiiii!! my problem is that when i'm installing .sims2pack it appears: The operation can't be completed
An error has been produced (-10660)
what can i do to install all that content?

kiks

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2008
heeya, just got the sims 2 plus some expansion packs, but after clicking to install the content it tells me that there is no default application to open it with, how can you make one?

SiriStar

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2008
Sims 2 Seasons HELP!

I don't think this is the right place to post this BUT:

Sims 2 loaded onto my macbook fine on Christmas Day, I just went out and bought 'Seasons' expansion pack for it, hoping for the same simplistic load. HOWEVER, it's not working AT ALL! When I put the disc in a little box comes up saying 'installer', the manual says click that but when I do another little box pops up telling me Sims 2 (found at '/'???) is not properly installed but I know it must be because i've played it!

I've tried re-installing Sims 2 but the same thing is happening over and over again! I'm kind of new to Mac but if anyone out there could help me out I would be very grateful!!!

If anyone can help can you please email me!

whatchafizzle

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2008
How?

If it's a .package file, you don't need to use the package installer. Simply drag the file into your downloads folder and it should appear in your game. (Make sure that you have enabled custom content.)

How do you enable custom content?

EDIT: I went back onto my Sims 2 application to check for the custom content again.
my .Sims2Pack files are showing but I can't find my .package files.

Can anyone help me with this?

cbull1992

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Hey, Ive downloaded absolutely loads of packages for Sims 2 on my mac.
The only problem is theyre not showing up in my game
Ive dowloaded zipeg and the cep enabler
Im only downloading the custom content that does not require mesh's
The custom content in the catalogues is enabled for in the game but theyre just not showing up
Ive also placed all of the files in the downloads folder in the EA Games main folder
Im running out of reasons why it is not working.

Please Help!
Thanks
xxxx

skyfalling169

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2008
The downloads folder is

if it's not there you may need to create one yourself, though that's rarely an issue.

so wait, where do I put this file when I have created it? someone please help me im sooo confused.

mikaehla

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2008
Philippines,Manila
How does the sims 2 custom content show?

Some of the custom content shows but in my hp there are custom contents you have to copy and paste to the download folder not like the mac there is no download folder.How do i make those C.C. Show?

PLS. REPLY!:):apple:

finals101

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2009
Where 2 find

Hi,

I have downloaded some custom content for The Sims 2 (Mac) but it won't install.

I double click on the .package file but all that happens is the Package Installer opens but it just says "Please double-click on a custom content package file to install the content." even though that is what I'm doing.

Please Help.

Thanks.

Where did you find the .package files I really need to know

cbrain

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
North-East, UK
Some of the custom content shows but in my hp there are custom contents you have to copy and paste to the download folder not like the mac there is no download folder.How do i make those C.C. Show?

PLS. REPLY!:):apple:

(your name)/documents/ea games/the sims 2/downloads. If there isn't a downloads folder create one.

Where did you find the .package files I really need to know

http://www.modthesims2.com

puppy-t

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2009
I draged the file into my downloads but it didn't work it said the same thing. And I do not know how to enable custom content.:mad: iv been trying to figure this out for 4 months now. can you help me pleaseeeeee!!!:confused:

cbrain

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 9, 2006
North-East, UK
If it's a .package file, it goes into downloads and if it's a .sims2pack file you open it with the package installer.

There's an checkbox in options somewhere for enabling custom content.

I hope that helps you.

Jualexis

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2009
Please help!

Hi,

I'm new to all this The Sims 2 stuff and I'm not sure how to use my downloaded items in my game. I have downloaded a few items but they don't show up in my game. I don't know why... I've read your replys and so I draged the file( the items that I've downloaded ) in my downloaded file in the EA Games folder. But it still doesn't show up in my game. And you are talking about package file, I have no idea what that is. I suppose you need it so you can use in your game, but how do I find it?? Do I have to download it or something?? And I can't seem to find the way how to "enable" the costum content?? So please help, what do I have to do, either download the package file or just enable the custom content??

Please HELP!!

ana7751

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2009
the sims requires the cd

I've downloaded the sims 2 from the internet for mac and it is suposed to work without the cd. but i've done all your steps and now, once I trie to open the .package files it says the same thing as the first comment, but if i just simply click on the icon to open, it asks to insert the cd in order to play! Do I really need it??:(:confused::confused:

bubblehamster

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2009
Mine is in the downloads folder but it won't show up in the game :( It's enabled and yet my game says I have none. Well I mean I can see the list, it's all enabled, but when building a sim or choosing a lot, only the basic files are there.

shaekay

macrumors newbie
Jun 12, 2009
no download

The downloads folder is

mine dosent have one how do i make one?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.