360 Component display problem

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by kainjow, Mar 3, 2008.

1. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I have my 360 hooked up via Component cables to my HDTV and the video is not right. There are horizontal lines going across the screen. I originally was using HDMI which looked perfect, but switched to Component to for optical audio. Anyone know why this is happening? It's kind of hard to describe. Just looks like some type of analog interference in the cables or something. I'd rather not spend $50 on the official HDMI cable with the optical adapter, but if I can't get the Component cable to work properly I will.

I searched around and some people had "jaggies" but I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is the same thing. I messed with the HD settings and have it on 720p right now, so I don't think that's the issue.

2. RichL macrumors 6502

You switch the cables to HD? Theres a switch on the plastic piece to go from composite to component. Other then that I have no clue.

Edit: Nevermind. You wouldn't have been able to mess with HD settings if that was the problem.

-Rich L.

3. kainjow thread starter Moderator emeritus

kainjow

I just ended up getting the official Xbox HDMI and optical adapter. Works fine.