360 JRPG Dominance

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by MRU, Jun 10, 2008.

1. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Well Microsoft are really pulling the punches this generation in regards to securing many of the JRPG firsts and exclusives.

Whilst not necessarily bad news for PS3 owners, as they will eventually arrive - it is indubitably good news for 360 owners who were starved for JRPG's last generation.

Add Tales of Vesperia (alongside Fable 2) and RPG'ing on the 360 looks set to continue in great style.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Will this help MS gain ground in Japan...I don't know man. Its good to see the 360 break free from all the shooters but I think the JP market won't bite...the PS3 got some nice JRPG in Japan.

I wish I was into RPGs and JRPGs I feel like I'm missing something.....but I really like Oblivion & Fallout.

Bless

3. pcypert macrumors 6502

It's good the numbers are coming in, but I hope they're quality. Eternal Sonata was near painful for me at times. I just can't handle these storylines most of the time....but I'll probably still buy them and play them :(

Paul

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

Good ol' money hats ;) I'll give it to them, MS won't give up in Japan, christ nothing but DS, PSP and Monster Hunter sells there anymore (oh and games where you wash boys in a pedophile-esc way)

5. MRU thread starter macrumors demi-god

MRU

** Read's your comment, looks at your location and giggles ** :)

6. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Ahh, at least Last Remnant actually looks pretty cool. Maybe that'll actually sell?

Star Ocean will probably cross over to the PS3 in some point I imagine, if 360 doesn't make enough sales in Japan. It's one of the more popular titles in Japan, and Star Ocean was never popular in the US. We'll see.

If Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy make it only on PS3, then the 360 is probably already doomed, as it'll be big system sellers for the PS3.

Hopefully these titles don't end up being mediocre, which I'm really afraid of. I've been dying for some quality JRPG games, but it just hasn't happened in this generation yet...

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Dragon Quest is going to the DS now. Makes sense given how many of the things have been sold in Japan.

Gotta hand it to MS, hell they even got Caroline wanting a 360 just for the sheer number of JRPGs and she hates teh MS. My JRPG fix comes from the PSP though. I've never been keen on RPGs on the big screen. Didn't play FFVII till I could put it on my PSP :eek:

8. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd