[360]Stranglehold Demo

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by 2nyRiggz, Aug 8, 2007.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

So the demo is out today and from what I've seen..its very impressive except for certain spots...The dodging bullets mini game is indeed interesting.

This game is looking more like a must buy with every update....oh and look multiplayer john woo action!:eek:

PS3 or 360....so hard to choose but that hard boiled Bluray is looking too sweet to pass up.

Bless

2. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

sweet, time to fire up the 360 :D

I am gonna have to get it on PS3, despite the fact it comes out 3 weeks later. Hard Boiled baby :D

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ Thing is I can get this for €35 on 360 by importing from Play.asia

However the collectors edition for PS3 will set me back €75 here if I want HardBoiled.

That's €40 difference or basically another game. I'm not paying €40 for a BD movie anyway regardless, so it looks like I'll pick up the 360 version.

4. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I've played the demo and me likes. The camera can really be a problem though...hope they fix that.

The place where I buy my games from are selling both copies at the same price...I'm going to go with the PS3 vesion.

Bless

5. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

^ you just have to wait 3 weeks longer for the PS3 version :(

but hey, Bioshock should keep you busy :D

6. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Finally played the demo of this last night.

Had fun, I dunno...I think it's a rental for me unless reviews (or members here like you, 2ny) say the multiplayer is great. It was fun, but it certainly got very repetitive; felt like I did more diving than walking. ;)

I just wonder if the story will hold up.
    Max Payne 2 had a story I wanted to see fulfilled, so I played through and didn't really have a problem with overdosing on bullet time. (Haven't really played Max Payne 1)

Stranglehold...I'm not so sure of. Seems more action/shootout and less story. That's not a bad thing per se, but that would put it in a 'rental' category for me - again, unless the multiplayer shines. From the video that airs after you finish/try to quit the demo, multiplayer looks chaotic. I don't know if it's choatic yet "easy to swallow" or chaotic and full blown mass hysteria. :)

Definitely a title I will be watching closely though; always was a Chow Yun-Fat fan as well as a John Woo fan.

7. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I played the demo twice and got bored with it....so this title will be heading to the "I don't know" list....well at least it got company...Halo3 is in there:)

Bless