360 wireless question

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by achie25, Jan 14, 2008.

1. achie25 macrumors 6502

Does anyone knoe if the 360 wireless adapter works with ATT Hi-speed DSL?
    I would be running it through Airport Express.

A friend of mine says that he can't get it to work with ATT.
    Curious if anyone else had this issue?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Not sure but if your using the AE as a wireless router and the 360 wireless can see the AE , then its more a case of 'as long as the AE works with ATT it should work' .....

That's the logical theory - whether in practice is a different thing entirely. Anyone of your friends got a 360 wireless dongle for you to try first ?

3. achie25 thread starter macrumors 6502

The AE works but the 360 wireless adapter does not. It is a brand new one and we also tried a second one as well.

4. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Express or Extreme ?

I know my 360 can't see my Extreme, hence I kept my express to act as a bridge for the 360's wireless.

Is it that it just can't find the express at all ?

5. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

As long as your 360's wireless adapter can connect to your wireless access point successfully, it will connect to Live. Your ISP has no bearing on what devices can connect to the Internet. Certainly other problems could crop up, but that's not one of them.

Also, for what it's worth, my 360 works fine with my Airport Extreme. I can only assume it'll work fine with an Airport Express as well.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I have a feeling some of the older wireless dongles do not work. Mine is from Dec 2005, and no matter what it will not see my Airport Extreme. My 360 has all the latest dash updates so it should have updated it's firmware but still no.

7. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Hmm. Bizarre. Yeah, I didn't get my 360 until early 2007, so maybe you're right.

8. achie25 thread starter macrumors 6502

this is a new airport express from this fall. 360 is new as well. Can't get the adapter to work though. The light on the back is red.
    Do I have to do anything on the 360 dashboard?

9. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

I actually am aiming to get a 360 soon and am wondering if the airport express works well with the 360 (and wii.)

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Express works great for all the consoles. I have one of those too ;)

11. Pine-Tree macrumors member

Pine-Tree

I use an Airport Extreme for my house and all my consoles and everything hooks up to it just fine. I have to two 360's, one of them an early one with an early wireless adapter and that also shows no problem. I'm guessing you might have a defective part or you're setting it up wrong.

I remember early on when the Extreme came out there was the problem of not seeing the 360, but after a firmware update it solved it, so that might be your problem.

I also have and Airport Express that I use for music, but it doesn't act as a bridge.