365 - who's doing one next year?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by dlegend, Dec 31, 2010.

1. dlegend macrumors 6502

Anyone got plans to do a 365 project next year? I decided I'm going to do it as 2011 will have a lot of important events in my life (wedding, buying a house). Hopefully I can make it past the first week with my companies sales kickoff that means a 60+ hour week.

Guess I have today to figure out what site to use and how to set it up.

2. Keleko macrumors 68000

I started mine in August, so I'm still continuing with mine through most of 2011. Does that count? :)

3. jackerin macrumors 6502a

I want to start at least and see how far I get. Gonna have to get into the habit of taking a camera with me... Good thing I still have a Powershot I can toss in the pocket.

4. seattle macrumors 6502

My friend and I are also planing to do the 365 project. I did all of 2009 and stopped for 2010.

5. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

I'm going to give this a shot, too. I need to motivate myself more, even if it's with my P&S.

I was thinking about opening a Digital Photography 365 Project thread for folks to post into. Any thoughts? When the Fortnightly Challenge returns that would give three threads for photos including POTD. Is that too many?

Dale

6. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

7. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

Considering that there are about 18 new threads each month on Aperture vs Lightroom, which lens to upgrade to from the kit lens, which DSLR to get and so on, three threads dedicated to photos doesn't seem like much. :p

I say go for it! I might even join in.

8. dlegend thread starter macrumors 6502

9. nickXedge macrumors 6502

nickXedge

I decided about 2 weeks ago to do a 365 this new year. I got my DSLR Christmas time last year and didn't go shooting nearly as much as I would have liked in 2010. I figured doing a 365 will get me shooting as much as possible. Between my last year of school coming up and working retail full time, I get very little time to do anything for pleasure. This is something that could motivate me to make sure I take time to do something for me, at least a few minutes every day, hopefully longer on most days.

My brother had just started a Tumblr, and I like the way it works so that's what I'm using. It's real simple, just customizable enough, and gets the point across. So far I'm 2 days in and 2 photos uploaded. Adding a link to my signature after this post. Always open to critique and help as I'm still very new to photography. I'm all for the thread.

10. Pau.c macrumors regular

i am doing one, i will be posting my day to day pictures on my facebook and i am currently making a Blogspot so i can upload all photos on there to! :)

11. BMP84 macrumors regular

BMP84

I'm in.

I'm doing my first 365, I mean to every year, but I've had a rough few years.

This year I'm in though.

12. flutegirl822 macrumors member

flutegirl822

I just completed my 2010 photo year. www.flutegirl822.blogspot.com It kept me shooting every single day and was challenging, but worthwhile. I highly recommend trying it. I used Blogger. It's free and easy to use. Good luck to everyone. :)

13. EvilMatty macrumors newbie