Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RazerM

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
UK
I found the application identifiers from another icon order thread by bindle, and also the output needed. I made this (hopefully) easy to use program.

screenshot1.png

As the screenshot shows, you order applications by their name, which is stored in Apps.ini (post any missing ones and I'll add them). It then creates the N45AP.plist file. The file can be retrieved and saved to the iPod using SSH.

Updates
v1.0.1.1
  • Button to open an existing N45AP.plist file
  • Any apps in right column when iOrder is closed will still be there when iOrder is run again.
  • Apps.ini updated
v1.0.2.0
  • Updated apps.ini
  • Fixed flicker when opening a NP45AP.plist file
v1.1.0.0
  • Apps.ini auto updates from iOrder website
  • Installer v3 identifier added
  • Added opening and saving to iPod using SSH
  • Icon preview for all apps
v1.2.0.2
  • Icons download automatically from iOrder website when apps.ini is updated
  • List height made larger
v1.3.0.0
  • Added ability to hide applications
  • Corrected small typo in instructions
  • Optimized opening and saving routine

Official Website

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada
The official site is here

This was created by me, and tested by others on ipodtouchfans.com forums

iOrderscreenshot.png

Very easy to use GUI. Once saved the file only needs to be transferred to the iPod.

Awesome, good job... now all we need is a Mac program. I had no problem editing the file manually, it just took a while....

shoefly

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
Wow, thanks. This'll make it a fair bit quicker, I imagine. How does it keep up to date with which programs there are?

parrotheadmjb

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
thanks alot man, iv been waiting for that to come out, but when i went to your website and clicked on download the only version available was v1.0.2.0 which is not the gui version, but it worked like a charm thanks

RazerM

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
UK
1.0.2.0 is a GUI version

What server does installer get packages from? Ideally it would retrieve app identifiers from there, just now it is updated manually.

adamman41

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
so do u just download it an open up the applciation and u can do it right from there? with ur ipod plugged in of course

nirvana06

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2006
Toronto
Great, now if someone could make an application for touch that could do that. So we could do that on the go. Great work!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.