Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RazerM

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
UK
Before I attempt a touch application itself (I don't use C much) I would like iOrder to get the file off of the iPod itself. As I don't have an iPod touch yet this will be hard to test.

I plan on using putty to do this, is there anyone who I speak to on MSN (GMT timezone) to test for me?

Rhosfelt

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2007
I don't want to be raped :(
this didn't work for me...I used my windows partion, ordered my list, saved it then put it in the system>library>coreservices>Springboard.app and renamed the old to N45AP.plistold

anyone have an idea on what i did wrong? btw I was using 1.0.2 b/c 1.1.1 wouldn't d/l or update..

RazerM

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
UK
this didn't work for me...I used my windows partion, ordered my list, saved it then put it in the system>library>coreservices>Springboard.app and renamed the old to N45AP.plistold

anyone have an idea on what i did wrong? btw I was using 1.0.2 b/c 1.1.1 wouldn't d/l or update..

What happened to your applications? Were they ordered at all or... (explain)

As far as I know there was no 1.0.2 version for iPod touch, so I'll assume you're talking about iOrder version.

The latest is 1.0.2.0 so you're up to date.

RazerM

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
UK
Look for the app in installer, and the identifier will be there. Once you have them could you post them in this thread so i can add them? Thanks.

RazerM

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
UK
anyone know the plist code for mobilecast. tried what it said on installer but didn't work

Sometimes the identifier is shortened to fit in the space. Did you put it in Apps.ini as MobileCast=<identifier> then restart iOrder?

If you get the right identifier then please post it in this thread so I can add it.

jcs1088

macrumors regular
Oct 12, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Sometimes the identifier is shortened to fit in the space. Did you put it in Apps.ini as MobileCast=<identifier> then restart iOrder?

If you get the right identifier then please post it in this thread so I can add it.

yeah just tried it again and is works. thanks for the help

com.gobanzai.mobilecast

heres the identifer for mobilechat: com.twenty08.MobileChat

Rhosfelt

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2007
I don't want to be raped :(
What happened to your applications? Were they ordered at all or... (explain)

As far as I know there was no 1.0.2 version for iPod touch, so I'll assume you're talking about iOrder version.

The latest is 1.0.2.0 so you're up to date.

as in no change in order at all.. idk if this matters but i didn't have the ipod plugged in I just had it setting there wrote out my apps and order them, generated the code and SFTP'd it on the iPt

RazerM

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
UK
as in no change in order at all.. idk if this matters but i didn't have the ipod plugged in I just had it setting there wrote out my apps and order them, generated the code and SFTP'd it on the iPt

Make sure that when you save the N45AP.plist file, that you put that exact one on the iPod. iOrder definetely works on other's iPods so it should work on yours

RazerM

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
UK
I've added MobileCast to apps.ini (not up for download yet though) but MobileChat is already listed as Chat.

RazerM

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
UK
Send me the file at frazergmclean<at>gmail<dot>com (replace <at> with '@' and <dot> with '.')

Jahfer

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2007
this may be a "noob" question but where is the original "N45AP.plist" file on the ipod?

parrotheadmjb

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
Hey can you add com.apple.mobileipod-MediaPlayer to iorder? Its the identifier for the iPod program off the iPhone to consolidate video and music. When do you think you will release an update to iorder with updated identifiers?

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
There is a app for the Mac called iFuntastic that does this and more, hasent been updated in a while though :( if they just do a quick update they could easily make it work with the iPod Touch

snooze button

macrumors newbie
Mar 11, 2002
Canada
The identifiers I used, in the order I used them, in case anyone needs them:

Button Bar:
com.apple.mobileipod-AudioPlayer
com.apple.mobilesafari
com.apple.mobilemail
com.apple.Preferences
Remainder:
com.apple.MobileAddressBook
com.apple.mobilecal
com.apple.mobilenotes
com.include7.mobiletodolist
com.zacharybrewstergeisz.books
com.apple.calculator
com.twenty08.MobileChat
com.apple.mobiletimer
com.googlecode.mcolloquy
com.googlecode.MobileFinder
com.borngraphics.fivedice
com.flippencorp.frotz
com.nullriver.iphone.Installer
org.pogi.iRCm
com.sendspace.ishare
com.kroo.iSplit
com.apple.MobileStore
com.googlecode.iphonelockbox
com.apple.Maps
com.gobanzai.mobilecast
com.mexens.iphone.navizon
com.natetrue.iphone.nesapp
com.folabs.oblique
com.sadun.pdfviewer
com.apple.mobileslideshow-Photos
com.google.code.MobilePreview
com.google.code.mobile-rss
com.sadun.SendFile
com.sadun.SendPics
com.sadun.SendSong
com.byhoffman.iphone-apps.services
com.latenitesoft.Sketches
com.oday.squid
com.googlecode.iphone-wireless.applications.Stumbler
com.apptapp.SummerBoard
com.googlecode.mobileterminal.Term-vt100
com.googlecode.mobileterminal.Terminal
com.google.code.tetrominos
com.google.code.MobileTextEdit
com.apple.mobileipod-VideoPlayer
com.creed.vnsea
com.apple.weather
com.apple.youtube
com.sadun.iLight
com.sadun.redLight
com.sadun.blinkyLight

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.