38mm classic buckle vs sports band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tylerdw89, May 9, 2015.

1. tylerdw89 macrumors 6502

Wondering if anyone has both and could comment on the difference in size between the bands. Particularly the width. Pictures if you have them.

There has been talk that the classic buckle is slim and the sports gives it more of a substantial look..wondering if this is true.

2. Nufc_joe macrumors member

Had both - classic buckle by far the better band. So comfy and classier looking. The classic buckle is about 21mm thick. I don't have the sport band anymore so would say it's about 30mm.

3. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

The material itself is nice. I don't have complaints about it like others here do. What I find, is since I am used to wearing wide banded watches. That it's very narrow. It seems more suited for a woman's arm IMO.

4. Eightyone macrumors regular

Or you could gold plate your Apple watch (saw a YouTube video of the result), in that thread:

You'll look like $10k (with your current band) for 1/10th the cost

5. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

Gold plate a classic band like I got? I had the 38mm, I'm getting rid of it cause the bands look very feminine in size. So I went ahead and just got a 42mm off of swappa. Paid a little more in doing so. But at least I know those will have a band that isn't so tiny in real life.