38mm orders - pls post status updates here

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Laurlaur576, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Laurlaur576, Apr 24, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2015

Laurlaur576 macrumors member

Just joined here! I've been looking at original :03 orders and most if not all orders shipping are 42s, varying bands BUT no pink (wompwomp). I ordered 38mm SS W/black sport but not until 4/11 in the afternoon with a 5/14 - 5/28 ship date. Just wanted to hear some info on the 38s since not a lot of buzz on them as of yet...

2. zousse macrumors member

zousse

I am wearing my 38 SS milanese as I type.
    After leaving it on for a little bit, it's heavier than I expected, even though I tried it on in store. It's already covered in visible fingerprints.

3. Laurlaur576 thread starter macrumors member

I didn't try that band on since I already knew I wanted the Stainless version over Sport (which was another $200), and being as though I already have a link bracelet diamond watch, I figured the SS / blk sport band was a mix of class and sport that I could interchange at a later time. I can't believe it adds significant weight - do you feel like it could detach with a quick jerk or catch on something? That was another concern of mine with those bands...

4. zousse macrumors member

zousse

It was a concern after ordering, but now that it's here, no. The magnet is very sticky and it doesn't even loosen up if you're wearing it too tight. I have been rather sedentary so I don't now how it fares when I'm on the move. I'm going to give it a couple of days and then decide on my next strap.