38mm silver SS impossible to find?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by spinedoc77, Dec 14, 2016.

1. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I'm having the hardest time finding a S2 38mm silver SS. Seems like all the other models are readily available. I've been checking swappa every day for weeks and not a single one. Best buy only lists the one with Milano band, they don't even list the sport band one at all. istocknow shows only a few across the entire country, and none near me. B&H is nice because of no tax, but they only have them on preorder with no ETA. Macy's, Target, etc, no one is even listing them for sale.

Hopefully after the holidays. But I was just curious, is this particular size/model really that popular?!?!

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Could be the opposite. The 42 MM seems to be the likely choice with the larger battery and screen size. But I have never really payed much attention to the 38 MM. Curious to know why.

3. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I see a decent amount of 42mm silver SS's around. The Black SS are easy to find in both sizes. I guess the smaller silver SS is just really popular.

4. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Why do you want the 38 MM when you have the 42 MM? Just curious.

5. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77

The 38mm is part of a double watch project I'm doing, the smaller size looks better with the Frankenwatch I'm making. I'll keep the 42mm as my work out watch mainly.

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Post a picture sometime of your Frankenwatch. I would be interested in seeing that.

7. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77

There is a pic in here: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...-expensive-swiss-watch.2021618/#post-24068436

I totally know it's ugly, but I like to tinker. It's very comfortable, but I think the 42mm is just a bit too large. I just scored a black SS 38mm for very cheap so should have it in a couple days. I wanted a silver, but man they are hard to find, but for a couple hundred bucks I'm saving I guess I can deal with the black.

8. spinedoc77 thread starter macrumors G3

spinedoc77