Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gladd06

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2015
I ordered mine the morning of the 10th, just after trying on to ensure I had the right size. I was given a 4-6 week delivery. This is still showing 4-6 weeks if you were to order today.

Actually, I don't think any of the delivery estimates have changed since April 11th. Just something I've noticed. Wondering if pre-orders slowed down that much?

I find it hard to believe that 2m+ ordered on day one, then virtually none since. Hoping mine would ship way sooner, but I guess it would apply to all watches since none of the dates have been pushed out any further.

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
The 2 - 4 weeks can be misleading because the chances of 2 weeks from pre-order date is very unlikely. That would put you in launch day batch.

I believe 2 - 4 weeks means 2 - 4 weeks AFTER the 24th.

gladd06

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2015
The 2 - 4 weeks can be misleading because the chances of 2 weeks from pre-order date is very unlikely. That would put you in launch day batch.

Yes, of course. sorry should've included 4-6 weeks = May 13-26

----------

Really just curious (as I'm sure everyone else is as well) how demand can push deliveries in the first 3-6 hours of ordering, but no shifts since then..

Essentially, those of you who ordered the phone within the first 4 hrs could end up getting it the same time as someone who orders today. :eek:

zacheryjensen

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2009

What? no. 2-4 weeks means from order time.

The simple explanation for the estimate time frames not changing is simple: Apple is making watches roughly on par with the current level of demand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.