38mm vs 42mm - Trying on in store

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by casjohnr, Jun 28, 2015.

1. casjohnr macrumors regular

I was looking at purchasing an Apple Watch Sports model to get me going in store next week (UK) and was just wondering if they would have a couple of demo models of both the 38mm and 42mm to try on to see what would best fit me?

Maybe even just the straps with a couple of dummy watches attached?

2. gregvet macrumors regular

gregvet

I had a try on appt yesterday in the Brighton store, and was able to try on both 38 and 42mm versions of both the sport and ss watches. So you should be fine. Only issue is now that the stores have physical stock, you will be unable to leave without buying one, as I discovered yesterday ;-)

3. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Insidious :)

4. page3 macrumors 6502

They were very happy for me to try on as many combinations as I wanted. My seven-year-old was also offered to try on a few.

BTW, went in convinced I wanted the 38mm (after reading the posts on here) but very quickly decided on the 42mm!

5. AppleWes macrumors 6502

AppleWes

Yep! You can try on both. I also bumped up to 42mm, since it's not as big as pictures make it look (esp for male wrists). Love the bigger screen.

Enjoy your try on appointment and make sure to try a few band styles too.

6. Mac2me, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015

Mac2me macrumors 6502a

I went in for my appoint thinking I had a good idea of what I would want to order (during pre-order time) and after trying them on went with a different watch and different bands. So do try on a few of each that you think you might be interested in and even something you might not. BTW I took pics of both sizes on my arm with the same band, went home, looked at the photos and couldn't remember which order I tried them on. Since I couldn't differentiate on my wrist, I went with the 42mm thinking it must look appropriately sized. Felt both screens were crisp and very easy to read. Deciding factor for an extra $50 was a larger screen for maps. Only app I'd use where I really felt larger would be more of a real factor without enlarging the area for detail. Plus my eyesight is getting worse as I age and that played a part too in my decision.