3D architectural modelling and rendering program

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cpott, Jul 13, 2008.

1. cpott macrumors newbie

I am looking for a complete 3D modeling and rendering program, mainly used for interior shot and architectural feature. Looking at Maxrender and it feels real good, but for modeling, really do not know which one to use, am using vectorworks right now but the 3D modeling capabilities are limited, need your advise. Many thanks

Mac Pro 2 x 2.8GHz, 16GB RAM, 2T HDD, 2T external. 10.5.4 CS3, Vectorworks 12

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. cadbanger macrumors newbie

Renderworks?

You mentioned Vectorworks 12, do you have Renderworks with that? There have been a great number of advancements Nemetschek has made to it's built in rendering engine, espeically the new HDRI background images in VW2K8 to really add the wow factor to your 3D models

4. cpott thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

I just purchased renderworks for my VW as well, the only thing I am not quite sure in renderworks is its lighting adding features, seems rather confusing, need to study the menu more. Many thanks

5. cadbanger macrumors newbie

Adding lights is really where you get the results so it's imperative you take a good look into all the various lighting options.

There are a few movies listed within the following link that are for Rendering:

http://kbase.nemetschek.net/index.php?ToDo=browse&catId=19

I hope this helps,

/.md

Marcus Dulin

6. jamesollor macrumors newbie

I am a CAd engineer, and had completed several projects for 3D modeling and rendering. Check this one. Generally I use, Pro/engineer (Creo) to make 3D models but I can't do nice rendering as I see in GrabCAD. Othe rthat I use sometime sare solidwoks and 3ds max