3D Gaming is Great!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MallCop, Mar 27, 2011.

1. MallCop macrumors 6502

Well I got the Nintendo 3DS today and the 3D is actually really cool and works very well. It's less gimmicky than I thought. I hope apple can do something like it in the new iPod touch. I don't think I would like it in the IPhone unless it could be completely turned off cause it does get to you after awhile and the battery life does take a hit. But a new iPod touch with 3D and a bunch of 3d apps would be perfect. I think the apps are where 3d would really shine.

2. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the option to switch orientation on an iDevice kill any chance of this happening?

3. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

The day iPhone, iPod uses 3D, is the day I stop using the iPhone, iPod.

4. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Why is that? You wouldn't want to carry around those nerdy glasses that they make you wear for the 3D TV's? :p

5. shady28 macrumors member

You can turn it off on the 3ds. Really, i think Nintendo is the Apple of the console world. I don't believe the 3ds will do well though, too much competition from android and iOS.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

6. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

Maybe the next ipod touch will equipt with 3D screen. Just wait it now, only half of year!

7. Artofilm macrumors 6502a

Artofilm

I agree, I thought it originally to be gimmicky, but playing it yesterday works really well.
    Just like any Nintendo Portable Console, it will do well. I don't think cellphones have anything on quality developed games. Back when games first started coming out for the iPhone I sold my DS because of great games like Rolando, but those have all gone now because of all the $0.99 crap games that are on the App Store now that you can only play for a minute at a time.

8. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

The 3DS is really cool - there's whole discussions about it in many threads, Apple Mobile Gaming versus Sony's and Nintendo's.

Apple's philosophy is based on the iPhone/Touch (no buttons, download media) whereas the others are based on the Console (buttons, physical media).

There's a market for both - but that's what was said for VHS and Beta... :eek:

9. aNYthing24 macrumors member

It seems like more of a gimmick than anything...at the moment, anyway. Most reviews I've read/saw say that the viewing angle is very small and there aren't enough (good) games out to actually make use of it.

10. MallCop thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually the 3DS doesnt use glasses thats what makes it so different. And the viewing angles arent as bad as reviewers have been saying. When Im playing a game I have not lost the 3D effect yet.

11. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

i went and looked at one yesterday and the 3d was actually pretty cool, i wouldn't mind not having it but i wouldn't mind them putting ti in either

12. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

I think it would be really cool, but I would really want the option to turn it off and it would need a bigger battery and a faster processor. Anyways, hope this can happen sometime in the future.

13. hssky97 macrumors regular

I sure do hope not, 3D everything is making me sick :(

14. alligator34 macrumors newbie

As someone who doesn't see in 3D, I'm beyond ready for the 3D crazy to die off. I mean, its great for all of you (and advancements in tech is cool, making components faster and more efficent is very nice especially) but frankly, I'm over it.

15. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I know seriously. It's just a phase. Once this phase is over I'm sure there will be some other new thing that will be out.

16. MallCop thread starter macrumors 6502

The same thing was said for HD and color before that. Why do I need it?

17. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Wake me up when games and movies play out holographically above my Touch layed flat on a table. ;)