iPhone 11 Pro 3D/Haptic Touch Too Firm... Anyone else?

techno96

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
I'm noticing on my 11 Pro that Haptic Touch is too firm, and it can be annoying to get the camera to turn on, or to open menus for things like the Light Dimmers from the home shortcuts on the control screen.

Unlike my XS, there is no setting for soft, medium, or firm for 3D Touch, it only has a fast or slow setting.

This is pretty annoying. Anyone else noticing this?

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I'm noticing on my 11 Pro that Haptic Touch is too firm, and it can be annoying to get the camera to turn on, or to open menus for things like the Light Dimmers from the home shortcuts on the control screen.

Unlike my XS, there is no setting for soft, medium, or firm for 3D Touch, it only has a fast or slow setting.

Huh... wha? You don't press firmly, since there's no firm/softness setting anymore. The screen is 100% just a touch screen now. 3D Touch is dead.

Reactions: Ravi_MR

Nacho98

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2019
The point of haptic touch is to do exactly what you're complaining about - get rid of pressing hard on the screen completely.

There's no 3D Touch anymore (regression). Haptic Touch means long press, no pushing on the display at all anymore.

Reactions: iLoveMyApple

nordique

macrumors 65816
Oct 12, 2014

Because there’s no 3D Touch anymore. That’s why

techno96

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
Gotcha, so perhaps I'm just getting hung up because it feels like I need to hold that down for way too long

Reactions: Ravi_MR

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
I’m going to miss 3D Touch. There was so much potential there, but Apple really dropped the ball on it. The implementation always felt haphazard. It needed clear and consistent design guild lines from day one.

mikejd1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2007
I know this may sound dumb, but I actually returned the 11 pro today due to the frustration with haptic touch. Plus some other things as well I didn’t see worth the jump from the XS to 11. But haptic hit the nail on the coffin for me. This is the first year I have ever done this. I know eventually I’ll have to get used to haptic touch, but not right now.

techno96

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
Yeah, its kind of annoying to turn turn on the flashlight and open the camera, the "fast" setting isn't fast enough, but whatever, I suppose. Maybe they'll fix it in upcoming software.