3D Logo advice and recommendations

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Cabbit, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Hey folks i have a logo my wee boy friend made for me and he put in a lot of work to make it great though he does not know how to do 3D which is where i want to go with the logo, well not really its just so i can position it any way i want.

So what i am looking for is suggestions for a logo company and prices to expect etc. I am also considering offering it as a project in uni.

This is the logo image we currently have is called a cabbit which is a cross between a cat and rabbit, there ether more rabbit looking or more cat looking.

[​IMG]

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

What's a proge?

I don't know 3-D... I'm just curious.

BTW, does your bf know he's referred to as "wee"?

Again... just curious.

3. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Wile i was writing i got news of my aunt dieing so i kinda missed some of that sentence its fixed now.

And of course he knows he's my wee cutie.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Your little bear? :p

5. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

My wee kitten when i shove his cosplay ears on him :p i've got 1.6 foot on him.

6. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

lol would citizenzen be the wee bear By any chance? Or am I picking that up wrong...

Anyways... When you say 3D, do you mean you want someone to make a manipulatable 3D model that you can output as different formats as and when you want? Or just a version of that image that has a 3D look to it?

I can't really do 3D either, but I think some clarification is needed maybe.

/Doug

7. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

I am wanting a 3D model that is bone rigged so i can animate it and stuff. I am quite happy in Maya and 3DS Max but i am not able to make anything professional and i am not sure of any companies that do 3D modeling.

8. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

So i guess no fine souls know any 3D modeling companies, there is bound to be someone out there with the type of people that frequent here.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You seem to know more about this than anyone else here.

10. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Well i can model stuff but i would rather be programming and hire someone else. While i can model i just don't know of any companies that i can hire to do the modelling for me.

11. design-is macrumors 65816

design-is

Hate to say it, but you're probably best to do a google and/or look in your local business directory... Where in the world are you based?

12. Mac Kiwi macrumors 6502a

If you do not need to pan around it you could easily animate it in 2d. Just reduce the anatomy to the parts you want to animate and use After Effects.

If you want a full on rigged mesh of this creature, then look under animation studios in your phonebook, or try http://forums.cgsociety.org/ and add a post in either the Max or Maya forum. Someone should jump at the freelance opportunity.

But again you may not even need it to be full 3d, depending on how you want it.

13. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Im based in the east neuk of Scotland i know the uni i go to does 3D modelling but i have not seen any of the models the students produce, i have considered offering it up as a student project for someone that wants to earn some beer money.

Thanks for the link i'll give it a try.

14. mBox macrumors 68020

the suggestion to AE is a good one for this logo. But then Im not sure how you want it to really look? Do you want it to look 2D then jump out into a 3D stance? that would be cool but from my experience not easily done. If you have the budget anyone versed in Maya/Max/XSI can do this for you. If its just a simple deformation move e.g. tail/ear wiggle, then just use After Effects distort options :)

15. Cabbit thread starter macrumors 68020

Cabbit

I am wanting it a full 3D mesh, once the mesh is done i am happy to apply cell shading and animation. I am wanting to make like intro videos where it pounces into the scene and a easier way to position it for 2D snaps.