Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dglenn9000

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
You can upload portrait mode photos to Facebook and it will convert them to 3D photos. I googled this and every site has said you need a compatible dual camera phone so I thought no but two sites said you can with XS,Max and XR you just need to take a portrait mode photo and upload.

Can someone confirm for sure that you cannot do this with the XR? I have tried but I don’t know if you can’t or I’m not doing it right.

Ajaredic

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2008
You can upload portrait mode photos to Facebook and it will convert them to 3D photos. I googled this and every site has said you need a compatible dual camera phone so I thought no but two sites said you can with XS,Max and XR you just need to take a portrait mode photo and upload.

Can someone confirm for sure that you cannot do this with the XR? I have tried but I don’t know if you can’t or I’m not doing it right.

You need to like Facebook 360 page first. Forse close FB and when you open it again you will see 3D option when you start a new post.

dglenn9000

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
You need to like Facebook 360 page first. Forse close FB and when you open it again you will see 3D option when you start a new post.
I’ve gotten that far but it doesn’t seem to work. Can anyone confirm if they have gotten it to work with the XR. It says all you need is a portrait mode photo but it also says you it must be from a dual camera phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.