Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elev8d

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2008
Still can't help but wish they'd get rid of the home button and the white space at the top and bottom of the phone.

jephrey

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2005
If you have a 3-D printer, you likely know how to use 3-D modeling software. Why would you pay $25 for plans when you could model this in 15 minutes? If anyone is interested, I'll sell my 3-D printing plans for $20. Think of the savings... Order in the next 10 minutes and I'll send the plans to you for half-price.

*Speaking from experience, I have access to a 3-D printer at work and know a few modeling softwares. This would take all of a few minutes to create.

furi0usbee

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
How about this guy 3-D prints me a set of b@lls... cause that's what he's got charging for a plastic toy, what will also cost me in supplies to print the stupid thing.

J. Jizzle

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2013
U.S.A.
I'm going to laugh when the iPhone 6 is revealed and looks nothing like any of these mock-ups we've seen...

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
Remember last year and the new iPhone predictions, didn't some people buy the case long before Apple released the 5s only to find it was useless!

suprakc

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2013
Utah
How bout you just 3D print me a sexy new MacBook Air with a 12.9 inch Retina Display and 12 Hour battery life, uniform thinness from the thinnest point of the taper all the way to the back. Oh, and did I mention a sexy price point just below MacBook Pro?

That would be much more interesting.

Tiger8

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2011
Also, this may be one of the stupidest things I have ever seen on this site. The ability to pay money to spend more money and resources to print a plastic version of a phone that may never exist. Unfreakinbelievable.

This! :D

mrxak

macrumors 68000
I... I wish I had thought of this. I could totally have sold people a 3D printer design for a non-existant phone. Even if just one person bought it, it would be worth it. Next year, I really need to capitalize on this idea. I wouldn't need any actual plans, just make up my own, as quickly as possible, and people will be stupid enough to buy it.

Mugambo

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2009
.....or.......

3D print a hand

Slap yourself SO HARD

till you wake up to reality

I'll pay $25 to see that

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
Sometimes businesses take risks in order to be the first. And being the first can make or break a case-manufacturer.

I don't know.

laissez faire

Taking a risk would be designing a new style case when you're not sure whether others will think it's as great as you do. Designing a case around, and basing your business on a fictitious, non-existent phone is just plain stupid.

japanime

macrumors 68030
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
In other news, I know this guy who, for $5, will email you a photo of an iPhone 5s that he has skewed in Photoshop to make it look larger and wider so you can send it to rumor sites and claim it is the new iPhone 6.

Oh, and for another $5, the guy will give you step-by-step instructions for using the "Blur" tool in Photoshop.

(Congratulations, MacRumors. You have officially jumped the shark.)

asteng88

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2010
New York
Who cares?

Really? Macrumors is really scraping the barrel posting crap like this. It's almost every day now. Who cares about the iPhone 6 until it gets here.

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
Wow. I know some people buy empty Apple product boxes for $25... But to buy the 3D model for a mockup of a RUMORED design? Sorry, that's just nuts. :confused:

I'm sure someone else will release their 3D model for free sooner or later.

AppleScruff1

macrumors G4
Feb 10, 2011
I can pick up a 3D printer at the Microsoft Store for about $2000. I think I'll head over there in the morning and buy one and the plans so I can make my own iPhone 6 mock up. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.