3D Touch and Text Selection

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by scotsmandc, Sep 26, 2015.

1. scotsmandc macrumors newbie

i find it difficult to highlight text using 3D Touch. It works 33% of the time. Moving the cursor works just fine. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Do I have to place the cursor in a specific spot first then do the 'pop' press?

Edit: as I came back to edit this post I tried it again. For those that don't know. After you 'peek' press, you 'peek' press again to toggle between moving cursor or highlighting :)

2. TheBuffather macrumors 6502

TheBuffather

Thanks for the edit and the clarification. I had no idea you could do this. Totally changes the ability to type long amounts of text on an iPhone. For me, I think this is actually a true game changer.

3. lancastor macrumors 6502a

The 3D Touch trackpad feature is very buggy and doesn't work in 80% of time.

I hope it can be fixed via an software update.

4. scotsmandc thread starter macrumors newbie

It works fine now. You can toggle between moving cursor or highlighting text by peeking only. So peek.. No pressure.. Peek.. To toggle without lifting a finger. Apple should've made it so that to slide cursor was peek and to highlight text it would be pop (deeper press).

5. lancastor macrumors 6502a

Nothing happens when I peek on the keybaord.

I got it 2-3 times to work, but it's seems to be broken on iOS9.1 beta 2. Yes I know: Its's a beta.