Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
I have the hardest time getting App Switcher to work when pressing on the left side of the screen (with my right hand).

Am I missing anything? When I do it with my left thumb it works perfectly...but for some reason when I press with my right thumb I can't do it.

Any tips/feedback would be recommended!

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Actually, you can open App Switcher by just pressing. Swiping will also do the job of course. If you swipe all the way to the right, it'll go to the previously used app. Do have to say you have to put quite a lot pressure to make it work well, especially when using your right thumb. :p

Valkyre

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2012
I am curious, is there any potential danger of damaging the display with the 3d touch pressing and all? Some 3d touch features like the one mentioned here, seem to require decent amount of force while pressing the screen, even at the lowest sensitivity setting for 3d touch.

I assume apple has done proper quality assessment and testing, but i have to ask if there have been any reports of damaging the display in any way due to the force applied with 3d touch?

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I am curious, is there any potential danger of damaging the display with the 3d touch pressing and all? Some 3d touch features like the one mentioned here, seem to require decent amount of force while pressing the screen, even at the lowest sensitivity setting for 3d touch.

I assume apple has done proper quality assessment and testing, but i have to ask if there have been any reports of damaging the display in any way due to the force applied with 3d touch?
First of all I should mention that the display of the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus already is much stronger compared to the previous iPhones (thanks to what Apple calls a 'dual ion‑exchange' process). Also, even if it would be the same as the iPhone 6, I doubt the screen will break due to some pressure. It's not that those displays are made out of plastic. ;)

If you are really afraid of breaking that display, I'd recommend you to have a look at Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch. From there you can change the sensitivity of 3D Touch. There is choice between Medium (which is the default), Light and Firm. I've put it on Light from the very beginning and it does make a huge difference to me.

IMG_0138.PNG

Sorry about that language, it's Dutch. But it's quite obvious that the slider is meant for changing the sensitivity. Want to test it, you can use the image below on that settings page.

Reactions: Valkyre
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.