3D Touch better with one hand?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by goodyear77, Sep 9, 2015.

1. goodyear77 macrumors newbie

Had my heart set on a 6S+, but the new 3D touch seems to make much more sense with one handed use? The point seems to be to get in and out of apps quicker without several clicks (like preview emails), but by using 2 hands this feels sort of awkward?? What do you think, does this make the 6S a better option to make maximum use of 3D Touch?

2. goodyear77 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Razeus macrumors 601

4. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502

Aibocyrus

I believe that it is better to use on the 6s with one hand. You'd probably have to use the double tap to bring the screen down on the plus.

5. profets macrumors 68040

I've been thinking about this too, it's an interesting thought.

I'm changing from a 6 Plus to a 6S this year, primarily for one handed use. The 6 Plus is an amazing device, and I love the size, but so often I needed a second hand for certain tasks and it drove me crazy. I'm really excited to use 3D Touch for several of the gestures, especially with single handed use.

6. OrionsByte macrumors regular

OrionsByte

I'm not sure what you think would be awkward about using 3D touch with two hands... I can certainly see how it could make using it one-handed a little easier, but I don't see how it would make using it with two hands awkward.

I mean I just held my 5S in my left hand and mimicked some harder presses with my right index finger... I can't say that I felt awkward.

7. goodyear77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, maybe I was unclear, I meant the 6 plus seems like a primarily 2-handed device, so things like "force swipe" from the far left edge to go back to the last used application (like alt+tab in windows) looks difficult to easily achieve with the plus when using it one-handed.

Maybe I'm focusing too much on the one-handed usage, that's how I use my iPhone 5 most of the time (yep, sooo ready for an upgrade), but maybe that's the wrong initial assumption? I just don't see how to handle the 6S Plus in a fast and efficient manner when one-handed, and 3D touch sort of compounds the problem of the size. But that's only valid if your initial mindset is that one-handed use is the norm, and maybe that's where I'm thinking about it wrong.

8. SgtPepper23 macrumors regular

your milage may vary with a phone as big as the 6S Plus. i borrowed a friend's 6 Plus and mimicked the motions and found it quite easy. but i do have big hands...

9. goodyear77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Guess I'll have to wait until the people have spoken, not far off now...