3D Touch: Can't figure out multitasking

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FishyFish, Sep 26, 2015.

1. FishyFish macrumors newbie

FishyFish

So I've read all the descriptions of how to use 3D Touch to access the switcher. I've watched the videos.

In practice, I can only do it maybe 1 time out of 5, and it seems random whether it goes back one app or pops into the switcher.

Anyone have any best practices for getting 3D Touch Multitasking to work reliably?

2. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

The best advice I could give you is to lower the 3d touch to light in the settings, which makes it easier to trip the 3d touch functions.

Also, make sure when you do it, swipe all the way across to just switch apps. If you go to fast and let go early it will pop it into multitask mode.

3. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

Works every time for me. Just press firmly on the left edge then scroll to the right. Don't wait for the cards to show you don't have to. Just press firmly and scroll.

4. tm0000 macrumors regular

Can anyone share links explaining more about this feature?
    Thanks!

5. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

6. danmart macrumors 6502

danmart

Imagine a strip on the left hand side of the screen, between the bezel and the left-most row of icons. That is where you want to be pressing.

7. Che Castro macrumors 603

This is good info

It doesn't help that I have a glass screen protector that's not full screen , so I'm pressing on edge of the screen protector

I'll just double tap the home button like before

8. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

It works fine for me. I am using a otter box defender at this very moment. If I can do it with the otter box on you shouldn't have a issue with just a screen protector.