3D Touch Feels Springy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iObama, Nov 11, 2015.

1. iObama macrumors 6502

iObama

Hey guys! /

I just got a replacement 6s because my first one had some Touch ID issues. (Unfortunately, I had a TSMC and got a Samsung replacement :(.) Kinda weird though... the 3D on my original felt very solid and like someone was tapping my hand. My new one feels springy, almost like it's resonating throughout the phone. It's hard to describe in words.

Does anyone else have this as well?

2. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Have you looked at your sensitivity settings under Settings > General > Accessibility > 3D Touch?

As for the chip, my guess is that if you didn't tell a normal user which chip they had and they didn't run a bunch of tests against it, they would never know.

3. iObama thread starter macrumors 6502

iObama

Yeah, it's not the actual setting, it's the vibration. It feels like the springs are loose or something inside the body of the phone. Whereas the other two phones I had (at first a 6S Plus, then the first 6S) had a very precise feel to the taptic engine, the new one feels much looser, like the original vibration motor.

The reason it's frustrating is because I'm missing notifications because it feels so weak.

4. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Sorry to hear that, I would definitely return it (again).

5. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

All the taptic motors are not the same. We have two S+ units at my office and they feel different when the vibrate but both get the job done.

6. 938092 Suspended

Noticed the same thing recently on my otherwise perfect 6s. The problem did not occur when I initially had the device so it must've happened over time. Becomes a lot more obvious if you hold to your ear and turn the silent switch on and off. Sounds like a very metallic buzz like a spring is loose.

7. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

There have been reports of the haptic motor making noise, maybe even coming loose. If you think yours has a problem, get it to the Apple Store.