3D Touch for cursor movement not always working..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WilliamG, Oct 22, 2015.

1. WilliamG macrumors 604

My wife and I really like using 3D Touch for moving the cursor around (i.e. turning the keyboard into a trackpad when typing etc).

It works MOST of the time. But there are occasions where no matter how hard we press on the keyboard (she has the 6s, and I have the 6s Plus), it refuses to turn into trackpad mode. Very annoying. I was hoping this would be addressed in 9.1, but it doesn't seem to have been.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

2. cchunk macrumors 6502

Same issues happens to me. I'll just not touch the screen for 2-3 seconds and it usually works after that

3. DesertSilver macrumors 6502

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

It's the same with copy/select all. Sometimes the function just isn't available and I have to press 'done', lose the keyboard and then start again. I'm tired of simple and obvious bugs cropping up in every single new version of iOS.

5. I7guy macrumors G5

I think it's a timing thing at least in my case, between the time you touch the screen and how fast you depress the screen. I had to practice to get the timing right and now with practice, the trackpad pops-up every time.

6. bheathain macrumors member

This is my favorite feature of 3D Touch and my biggest annoyance since it doesn't work part of the time. At first I thought it was just happening on keys that have modifiers available (like long-pressing on "n" might bring up accent marks), but that was ruled out. I'm just hoping it's software-related (assuming so).

7. jpgr15 macrumors 6502a

I've had the same issue - definitely annoying. I don't think it's a bug but probably a feature in Apple's eyes. Kind of like the palm detection in the new iPad Pro - I think when this happens it's attempting to prevent mistakes. Timing between my last key press seems to impact it.

Still don't care for it.