3D Touch for Messages from the Homescreen is worthless

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by oats555, Oct 4, 2015.

1. oats555 macrumors newbie

3D Touch for Messages from the Homescreen is worthless. Each day when I try and use it, the three contacts it gives me as options changes, and it doesn't make sense. So I have no predictability if the last person I used the feature for will still be there when I try and use it this time. It doesn't offer the three most recent contacts. Nor is it the three most contacted from the past week or so. I really have no idea how them come up with it. Within the past hour, without sending any texts, my 3 choices actually changed, including to one I haven't text in a week. Without a little bit a predictability, the feature becomes somewhat pointless. I can appreciate dynamic choices, but make it like the 3 most recent contacts, or 3 most frequent from the past week. Or just let us set 3 favorites.

2. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

I won't say useless, but certainly some tweaking is in order!

3. ianrip macrumors 6502

ianrip

work:Oyu Tolgio, Home:LOS, From Scotland G15
    Is their any way to set 3 contacts. I believe the call option works on the 1st three favourited character contacts.

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

3D Touch is the Siri of 2015. It will get better with age.

5. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

No that is the problem, it not configurable at all. Contacts that show on mine have no rhyme or reason.