3D touch is an answer to Android fan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techiebug, Sep 10, 2015.

1. techiebug macrumors 6502a

For ages android fan boys always argue that the iPhone is way too simple for power users. Now with 3D touch I'd say this is a killer feature for power users. On the demo It makes multitasking such a joy. I really like how you can "peek" into a website link and switch between apps. Imagine with jailbreak and activator there are countless gestures you can do.

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

3D touch ain't gonna stop Android fans from thinking iOS is too simplistic overall OP:

File system?
    Themeing?
    Ability to choose default app?
    Ability to move an app wherever you want on the screen?
    On screen widgets?
    Removable battery?
    MicroSD support?
    The list goes on and on...

Don't mind them though, simply enjoy your purchase :)

3. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Apple's iOS marketshare in the business market, education, consumer and the professional market - in tandem with their IBM and Cisco partnership - has already long-proved them wrong. Of course, such things as 'facts' and a reasoned argument are often lost on Android fanatics, who seem to relish taking any opportunity to insist, unprompted, that Apple sucks and their Android purchase is better.

4. Oridus macrumors 6502a

Pretty much this, although out of that list I really would like a file system and default browser. -_- Oh well...

5. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Those two are going away rapidly.

6. Cool Pup macrumors 6502a

Cool Pup

Probably due to Apple have a strict policy that opposes those two "features". I don't think it benefits the consumer at all to exile those two abilities. Most Android fans I see really like the ability to have an SD card and battery swap accessible.

I never cared for Android, nor do I really care about removable batteries or SD card support — but those are pretty important features all things considered and Android losing that is a shame as it seems to be cloning Apple more when it should be chasing a different dream.

7. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

*cries* :(

Sadly yes, which is weird since the next Android update allows you to use MicroSD cards as internal memory (finally!).

Long live LG!

8. nickchallis92 macrumors 6502a

nickchallis92

iPhone...a business phone running iOS that can't attach two different documents to an email.

laughable

9. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

I think LG will do the same for the G5 depending on sales of the G4. Overall it looks like Samsung is not having the success they imagined by going premium like apple.

10. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

Plenty of 3rd party email clients that can attach files from the cloud. Dropbox, drive, etc.

11. rockitdog Suspended

I'd argue that feature for feature most Android Flagship devices still beat the iPhone 6s. 2K Display, wireless & quick charging charging, IR blaster (not everyones cup of tea) are just a few ways Apple isn't up to par.

12. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

IR Blaster is really convenient when the remote gets lost.

13. rockitdog Suspended

Laughable, maybe. For every Android I see in business meetings, I still see 10 iPhones. People aren't sending multiple files from their phones for the most part. So your point may be right but it's not what the majority of business users do.

14. rockitdog Suspended

Of when your too lazy to get up and get it ;)

15. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

I fear this as well :(

Planned obsolescence at its best!

16. Cryates macrumors 6502a

Android fans will still complain about Apple products, regardless of what features are added.

Somewhere there is an Android guy right now, telling an Apple guy, that there is a cool (1-star) third-party app in the android market that allows you to do "basically the same thing"

17. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

most widgets are nothing more than glorified shortcuts

list how many android phones still have removable batteries and sd card support for us? it shouldn't take you long

18. Cryates macrumors 6502a

I can't believe it's 2015 and people are still wanting widgets on iPhone. Move on already, Android fans.

Removable battery means a flimsier construction, and we've seen everyone else move away from it. What's the point really anyways? Phone batteries are more durable now, and last a day or more, so they just expect you to charge when you sleep at night, unless you're a vampire who loves Candy Crush.

Again, MicroSD in 2015? LOL. Buy a higher capacity phone, which are cheaper now anyways, and problem solved.

19. Hal~9000, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Note 4 is rock solid.

Sad but true :(
    #PlannedObsolecence

Power users need MOAR! Much more convenient to have a spare battery on you and go from 0->100% charge in the 30 seconds it takes to change the battery than to be tied to a wall outlet like a sucker! ;)

Not to mention that over time batteries wear out and its nice to be able to change them rather than pay Apple $80 for a battery replacement and have to send your phone away for a week.

I just bought a 128gb microSD card off a sale on Amazon for $47 (a one time purchase) that will allow me to transfer it to any future phone I get with a microSD slot. Compare this to paying Apple an extra $200 every... single... time... for a 128gb model *bleh!*

20. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

And Apple fans will still boast that Apple products are a stroke of genius, regardless of how many features that are in Android are slowly crawling their way into iOS.

It works both ways man.

21. Surf Donkey Suspended

Surf Donkey

C'mon even the staunchest apple supporter is going to call you out there.

22. Cryates macrumors 6502a

It's all about functionality and user experience. Apple may not do it first, but they do it in away that delivers a better user experience.

This will be my last post on the subject.

23. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

IOS has widgets now on the notification panel, which IMO is better then on the home screen. I can see the widgets from anywhere.

24. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

RE: OP... I think 3DTouch (gosh I just want to type 'ForceTouch' instead) will be interesting. Most Android phone manufacturers will probably incorporate some form of that in the next few iterations of their flagships and I think that's good; it'll be interesting to see how Android handles it's own version of 3DTouch.

25. adam01, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015