All iPads 3D Touch like cursor movement on iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by akash.nu, Jul 24, 2017.

1. akash.nu macrumors 603

akash.nu

Am I missing something here? I thought the functionality of being able to move the cursor, the way one can do on a 3D Touch enabled device, is present on the iPads. Can't seem to make it work on the 2017 iPad. That would be such a killer feature for me.

2. Relentless Power, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Edit: It uses the cursor two finger movement on the iPad versus one finger on the iPhone without the assistance of 3D Touch feedback.

3. akash.nu thread starter macrumors 603

akash.nu

‍♂️ so I wasn't going insane. Thanks for clarifying that. It would be awesome if Apple implemented that in iOS 11.

4. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

3D Touch is definitely something requested from others for future iPad hardware. But Tim Cook commented on the difficulty integrating 3D Touch into the iPhone 6s when it launched. So I question larger display with the iPad. But I also wonder if Apple would include A haptic engine and Haptic home button if 3D Touch will ever exist.

5. Ghost31 macrumors 68020

Ghost31

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

So you have to use two fingers instead of one finger to physically use the Cursor movement.

7. rushmere macrumors 6502

rushmere

I can move the cursor around on the 2015 iPad Pro by holding two fingers on the keyboard - isn't the same feature available on the 2017 model?

8. akash.nu thread starter macrumors 603

akash.nu

I get the technical issue with 3D Touch. The same feature can be implemented just by way of long tap on the keyboard rather than 3D Touch for iPads though. It would make the typing experience using the onscreen keyboard so much better.

9. Ghost31 macrumors 68020

Ghost31

Lucky for me I have 10. So I can spare an extra finger when I move from my phone to iPad and want to select text

10. akash.nu thread starter macrumors 603

akash.nu

Trying with two fingers here. Yes!!!!!! It works. Thanks guys.

This also means I'm having a dumb Monday morning. ‍♂️

11. Ghost31 macrumors 68020

Ghost31

Happy to help buddy. Oh! And if you want to select text, move the cursor to the text you want to highlight and tap with two fingers. This selects a word. Tap with two fingers 3 times and you can select paragraphs! Have fun