3D Touch Not Working Everywhere It Should Be...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chicagofan00, Sep 26, 2015.

1. chicagofan00 macrumors regular

Anyone else having issues with 3D Touch not working in some areas that it was shown to work? For instance it doesn't work for me on the Music app but works on other Apple apps such as Camera and Messages just fine.

Also, has Instagram been updated yet to take advantage of 3D Touch? If so, it doesn't seem to be working for me even though I have the latest update from Instagram via the App Store.

2. bueller1 macrumors 6502

3. Coasterfanryan macrumors regular

I noticed once you download the 3rd party app you need to open it once for 3D Touch to start working. I had this issue with Shazam.

4. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

5. 16Paws macrumors 6502a

There are two types of 3D Touch home screen short cuts. Status and Dynamic. Static ones will always work regards of if you open the app first, dynamic ones are created by the app telling the system what sorts of icons and buttons should be there so they require a launch to pull up.

Not intuitive and hopefully something Apple will fix but when in doubt launch the app once and if shortcuts exist they will show up.

6. kcellup macrumors regular

kcellup

I haven't been able to get Facebook to work with 3D Touch. Anyone else having difficulty with it?

7. Cryates macrumors 65816

Facebook has to update their app for it to work. That's the case with any third party app.

Also, any app the supports 3D Touch is working fine for me.

8. remket macrumors newbie

I can't either ... this is buggy

9. Cryates macrumors 65816

It's not buggy. It's called the app has to be updated by Facebook to support 3D Touch.

10. kcellup macrumors regular

kcellup

I get that but they demonstrated Facebook at the presentation would think they would be ready for use by launch.

11. Cryates macrumors 65816

Well they haven't released it, so that's why it's "not working"...so it shouldn't be spun like its a software or hardware issue.

12. kcellup macrumors regular

kcellup

Not spinning... Just surprised and wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong

13. Jws macrumors regular

My experience follows alongside others in this thread. Instagram and Dropbox 3D Touch didn't work until I opened the app. Other Apple apps have worked without issue.

14. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

All apps work for me.. Dropbox now works with it btw

15. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

^^Ditto for me, all works that should, including dropbox..

16. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

Anybody with half a brain cell should know the apps need to be updated to support it... Come on

17. fsumom macrumors regular

So I was having issues trying to get it to work but then started using the entire ball of my thumb to force touch and it seems to be working pretty good now.

18. chicagofan00 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! That got both Music and Instagram working for me. Didn't realize that the apps would need to be opened first for them to start using 3D Touch, including the Apple built in apps.

Now just hoping more third party apps start getting updated. :)