3D Touch Now and Forever

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CjonesHouston, Oct 6, 2015.

?

Can you purchase another iOS device without 3D Touch?

1. Yes

40.9%
  2. No

59.1%
  1. CjonesHouston macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

After using 3D Touch. I don't see me buying a new iOS product without it. I just purchased a iPad Mini 4 a few weeks ago. When it was released and I find myself hard pressing the screen. To peek and pop to open up links to web pages. Hard pressing icons for quick action gestures. I wanted to get the iPad Pro but I don't see me wanting it without the 3D Touch feature. I am curious to see how many iPhone 6s and 6s+ owners feel this way?

2. chrisforpm macrumors member

It's funny but I have caught myself hard pressing my iPad mini 4 as well. It's almost a surprise when nothing happens but jiggling icons. I think 3D Touch is becoming part of my everyday. I'm sure it'll be even more so in 6 months.

3. CjonesHouston thread starter macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

I love my iPad mini 4 but I still wish I could use force touch on it. Wiggling icons are all we see. Lol

4. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Same here, really wish my ipad had it. I'd upgrade tomorrow if an ipad with force touch was released.

5. Rangers94 macrumors regular

Rangers94

3D Touch just feels so satisfying and is very useful. Was afraid it was going to be a gimmick and now don't want a device without it. Was messing around with my 6 and it felt so lacking without 3D Touch. Kudos .

6. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

For me, by far the most useful thing about 3D Touch is that I can show people what 3D Touch is. Which is to say, I haven't found much use for it, nor do I miss it on my iPad Mini 4. Or Air 2.

The place it makes the most sense to me is on the Apple Watch, and even then, the only time I really use it is to clear notifications.

When someone, be it Apple or a 3rd party, starts implementing 3DT anywhere on the home screen, and lets me configure shortcuts, then we'll talk. At the least, give us more options for highlighted text system wide (search, define, add contact, calendar event, etc)

7. CjonesHouston thread starter macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

You can add a contact or add to calendar with 3D Touch. I guess I use it so much now it's second nature to me. I would like to configure my own shortcuts. That would be a great improvement.

8. tonileung macrumors newbie

9. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

No, I don't think so. No mention of it in the keynote and product webpage.

10. CjonesHouston thread starter macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

No

11. tonileung macrumors newbie

It's difficult to imagine that even the newly released iPad doesn't support 3D Touch. Once get used to it with their iPhone, everyone will "3D Touch" on an iPad.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I can go either way on this 3D Touch. Do not use it that much. At most it save maybe a touch or so if I remember to use it. Maybe it will catch on later but a giant leap . . . Not so far.

13. kryten42 macrumors 6502

kryten42

It is really starting to grow on me. At first I was not using it at all, but over the last week I have found myself using it more and more. I just hope more apps start to incorporate it and use it for some innovative things.

14. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I definitely love 3D Touch. But I couldn't say that I can't live without it.

15. CjonesHouston thread starter macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

I gave in and purchased a Pro. When I saw the tweaks for 3D Touch.

16. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Ipad Pro? I didn't think that had 3D Touch

17. CjonesHouston thread starter macrumors 6502a

CjonesHouston

It doesn't. There is a tweak I was able to add to my OK iPad mini 4. That gives you the ability. It's not as good as on my 6s plus but it is functional. You would have to jailbreak.

18. iTom17 macrumors 6502a

iTom17

So true. Found myself pressing hard on the icons at my iPad mini 4 as well, with getting the wiggling icons as a result. It's annoying. xD

19. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

What's the tweak called, I'd like to take a look at that

20. phobos512 macrumors regular

phobos512

No, it's not difficult to imagine at all. It took a generation for Apple to integrate TouchID into the iPad after it was introduced to the iPhone. Integrate features into your volume products first and if people like them, guess what? They'll pay to have them in the more niche products too.

21. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

I can take it or leave it at this point. I have it on my 6S Plus and have not used it much so far. This might change once App developers start to take advantage of this new feature, though.