Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JDabney24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
I just noticed this, but on the iPhone 6s (iOS9), you could have the 'live wallpaper' option, and when you pressed hard on the lockscreen, the fish (in my case) would move.
the thing is: it would move however much according to how hard you pressed.

on my iPhone 7 plus, even with the slightest input of '3d touch', the fish will move all the way through his animation. You cannot choose how far it moves by pressing harder/softer.

Why would this be?
obviously it's no big deal as it serves no useful function whatsoever, but sometimes i used the fish to show people what 3d touch is and how sensitive it is...

(Not my original post, but noticed the same coming from a 6s plus to a 7 plus and thought I'd repost this here to get feedback)

SoN1NjA

macrumors 68020
Feb 3, 2016
I cannot replicate this
Try restarting your phone, or checking to see if there is a software update

I am on iOS 10.2 Beta 3, iPhone 7

I've tried all of these methods to replicate your complication, and found that none of them effect how fast the Coy move: Reduce motion is not enabled, Low Power Mode is not enabled, and 3D Touch pressure is set to Firm

JDabney24

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
I cannot replicate this
Try restarting your phone, or checking to see if there is a software update

I am on iOS 10.2 Beta 3, iPhone 7

I've tried all of these methods to replicate your complication, and found that none of them effect how fast the Coy move: Reduce motion is not enabled, Low Power Mode is not enabled, and 3D Touch pressure is set to Firm

So, you are able to control how fast or slow the fish or smoke moves proportionate to how much pressure you apply?

sjtidy

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2011
It works the same way as before for me, iPhone 7 on the current 10.2 beta.

XTheLancerX

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2014
NY, USA
I'm on 10.2 beta 3 on my iPhone 7 Plus and the live wallpapers do move according to the pressure I'm applying. So yeah I don't know what's going on with your phone. That's weird.

masciam

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2011
It does not change the animation speed on my 7+ on 10.1.1 as well so I guess they fixed it in the beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.