3D Touch on the new iPad Pro ?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by dor2201, Jun 8, 2017.

1. dor2201 macrumors member

Look at the app in the dock.
    It's like 3D Touch!

[​IMG]

2. jasonklee macrumors 6502a

jasonklee

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

No. There is no 3D Touch option on the iPad. It Lacks the display and the haptic engine. What you are seeing, is called a long press that is in place of 3D Touch, which also can be used on the iPhone SE.

4. gregor.hoch macrumors member

I am super annoying that it didn't make it to the new ipad pro 10.5! Basically means that I will have an inconsistent user experience across the two devises...

5. joesegh macrumors 6502

I think we're going to be waiting a while longer - it's likely a very difficult design challenge to scale 3D Touch up to a display that is so large. I expect they're working on it but we won't see it for at least another cycle or two. I'll be very happy once it arrives though (maybe in time for a bezeless 12.9" iPad Pro :)

6. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Tim Cook actually quoted that implementing 3D Touch an iPhone was extremely difficult, which I can only imagine a larger display with the iPad would make it also a challenge. But I easily see this technology making its way to the iPad eventually. Which would include the haptic home button and Haptic engine.

7. zaxxon72 macrumors member

And this is exactly why I ordered a refurb iPad Pro 9.7 yesterday....

I was SO pissed. 10.5 with force touch would have been an instant sale.