3D Touch options missing on 6s but are present on 6s+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by viperGTS, Oct 30, 2015.

1. viperGTS macrumors 65816

This hasn't been addressed anywhere yet, so here goes:

On my 6s+ that was running iOS 9.0, when I 3D touch'ed the App Store, I had options to search and scan bar codes. For Twitter, I had options to compose tweets, etc.

I returned it, got a 6s on 9.0.2. This one is missing both of those options; when I 3D Touch them, I get no options. I'm on the latest version of Twitter as well.

Are these exclusive to the 6s+?

2. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

You probably need to enable the feature. As per a Google search, I got this

"Step 1: Launch Settings on your iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus. Step 2: Navigate to the General → Accessibility → 3D Touch section. Step 3: Toggle the 3D Touch switch to the OFF position to disable the feature.Sep 26, 2015

3. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

It's been addressed before and even a reset all settings won't bring it back. It's a problem caused by a backup or by installing something. You'll need to do a full erase all content in order to get it back, and possibly a clean install via iTunes if the original flash of iOS was corrupted.

4. viperGTS thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow, looks like I have to lose 9.0.2. Not a bit deal since I'm probably returning this phone. Thanks!

It was already enabled. I toggled it on and off, didn't work.

5. thatanonymoususer macrumors regular

thatanonymoususer

I don't know if this would be your specific issue, but I found that when I first installed (or in your case restored) apps, some of the force touch functions wouldn't work until I launched the app and then exited them.

6. chestvrg macrumors 65816

chestvrg

Oh man, then this is serious. Follow the other member's instruction to do a hard reset.