3D touch preventing Safari links from opening (non-deep) taps

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hofnar, Oct 2, 2015.

1. hofnar macrumors regular

hofnar

I have a 64 GB Silver 6S Plus.

I've read a few sites about this, but I've not been able to find this in the forums. If someone knows of the thread, can you please share it? I'm just looking for a fix .

Occasionally when I click a link in Safari or mail (normal/non-deep) The phone does nothing. The wheel at the top wont spin. I know the phone registers my tap because the link or image has the gray box that appears when you touch it. I can do the whole deep touch (pop/snap thing), and the website loads, but nothing happens with a normal tap.

2. bheathain macrumors member

I have seen the same thing. I have to "click" (touch) a few different ways to get a link click to register. I guess I chalked it up as a 3D touch bug that will hopefully get fixed.

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Same thing here. Having to lightly touch the link to get it to open.

4. RabbitLuvr macrumors 6502

RabbitLuvr

I'm also experiencing this. It's really annoying and hope it gets addressed in an iOS update.

5. hofnar thread starter macrumors regular

hofnar

Thank you all for replying! I didn't see this on a thread after I searched and I wasn't sure who to ask. I did a system restore and set it up as a new phone and still I have the problem.

6. J.C macrumors 6502

7. Brownbox88 macrumors newbie

Brownbox88

Happening to me too. I notice it happens less often when sensitivity for 3D Touch is increased

8. garycoleman2 macrumors member

I have the same problem too and I'm not sure if it is a software or hardware issue. It does it it intermittently. However if I disable 3D Touch the problem never happens.