Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

manishans

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2013
Hey guys!

Is there anyone using 3D touch with a tempered glass? I just got a iPhone 6S and was wondering if a tempered glass will interfere with the 3D touch?

Would love to hear your feedback from anyone using a tempered with 3D touch?

dav146

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2007
I got the Belkin Invisiglass fitted at the Apple Store for £20. Took around 5 minutes - they have a little machine that ensures a perfect fit! Nicely lined up with Zero air bubbles trapped inside :)

I have fitted my own glass protection on previous phones - but the machine allows for a much more professional finish.

Reactions: Ta0jin

Skorpio

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2015
SC USA
I bought a 3 pack of cheap glass protectors for $4 to get by and even they don't affect 3D touch or any screen usage at all.

azspeed

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2016
I'm using the screen protector I got from Kalicases and it's fine I think as long as the glass isn't too thick it should work fine with the 3d touch

manishans

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 5, 2013
Works perfectly. No issues. Zagg glass.

Yep. Works fine. I'm using the Zagg InvisibleShield brand.

I got the Belkin Invisiglass fitted at the Apple Store for £20. Took around 5 minutes - they have a little machine that ensures a perfect fit! Nicely lined up with Zero air bubbles trapped inside :)

I have fitted my own glass protection on previous phones - but the machine allows for a much more professional finish.

I bought a 3 pack of cheap glass protectors for $4 to get by and even they don't affect 3D touch or any screen usage at all.

Using the Anker Glassguard for the 6S; no issues with 3D Touch.

No issues on either zagg or my xtremeguard Spartan glass

I'm using the screen protector I got from Kalicases and it's fine I think as long as the glass isn't too thick it should work fine with the 3d touch

3D Touch is working flawlessly with a $4 tempered glass.

Thanks guys! It works perfectly :)

Reactions: Skorpio

Cassie2015

macrumors member
May 10, 2016
United States
I tried the tempered glass film of famous brand JETech, Maxboost and new brand Tomtoc, totallee, they are all good, you can try more brands film and find the best one for you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.