3D Touch?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by VertPin, Mar 24, 2017.

1. VertPin macrumors 6502

VertPin

It's probably been answered, but does the new iPad have 3D Touch? I'm betting that it doesn't...if that's true, then that is quite lame.

2. Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

If you're referring to the new 9.7 inch iPad that launched today, no, it does not have 3D Touch.

3. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

No iPad has 3D Touch

4. VertPin thread starter macrumors 6502

VertPin

If apple wants 3D Touch to be more used they should have utilized it in the new models imo.

5. twinlight macrumors 6502

twinlight

The new one has a crappy cheap screen, so no.

Any new iPad purchase from me would require 3DTOUCH, higher resolution and color space, true tone and so on.

I'm still learning 3DTOUCH on the phone but I miss it every time I use the iPad.

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I don't know the technical aspects, but I believe that it's been said that scaling it up to work on iPad sized displays doesn't work or is too costly. So it may not be a matter of them choosing to exclude iPads so much as the technology not being perfected for that size yet.

7. twinlight macrumors 6502

twinlight

Yet 3Dtouch was working with the pen on the iPad pro in some iOS beta. It would be a start..

8. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

3D Touch is worthless for me cuz I never used it at all.

9. Appleaker macrumors 68000

3D touch will come to the iPad Pro first, not the consumer iPad. This is because of both feature exclusivity and price.