3D Video Trouble

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chrisbeebops, Aug 4, 2008.

1. chrisbeebops macrumors regular

Well, I'm having some strange trouble with 3D video in games. Everything worked fine until a few days ago, but now my problem seems to be getting progressively worse. When I launch a game, it works fine for awhile. Eventually, the screen freezes. Strangely enough, I am still in the game as reported by other players. Everything in the background works fine. (Downloads finish, I still hear the iChat message receive sound, etc.). But the video freezes. Nothing I press on the keyboard (Command+Q+Q to quit or Command+M to put in windowed mode) does anything on the screen.

Closing the lid of my laptop puts it to sleep fine, but when I open the screen it still shows the same thing! No password prompt or anything. Even a recovery from hibernation (let it write everything to disk then unplug and remove battery) still shows the same screen from the game!

I can't figure out if there is something wrong with my laptop, or just my games. Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated!

Also, the light on my charger keeps going out. It charges fine, though...

I purchased my Macbook Pro in June 2007. I picked the middle one 2.4GHz Intel and Nvidia 8600M 256MB.

Thanks!

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well if the light goes out and you have video issues it possible you have issues with your motherboard. Worst comes to worst, I hope you have warranty/AppleCare and Apple will replace it.