3dboard & deepend... is there actually a difference(other than price)?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by strodda, Jan 30, 2011.

1. strodda macrumors regular

ive tried them both, and i like deepend better.

im not seeing a difference, but some people are saying that 3dboard moves the icons, and deepend moves the wallpaper. but from what ive seen, they perform the exact same way. the only difference is that 3dboard is non-ip4 compatible.

also, something someone mentioned, if youre not seeing the 3d'ness that was in the video put out by the dev... look at your iphone screen with one eye closed.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Who really does that? Buys an app to put on their phone that doesn't do anything productive and you have to close one eye to see the "effect" on the home screen?

3. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

You listed the differences...
    Im not using either becuase I dont want my accelerometer picking up data while om on my springboard all the time. That may be stupid, but ill wait for a while and ask people how there battery is.

4. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

3Dboard is the only option for the 3GS, so...am trying it. if you set the depth to be very subtle, and use a busy wallpaper, it's ok. cute effect, now...back to work!

5. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'm currently using DeepEnd. I have noticed no drop in battery or memory at all. Not even a tiny bit.

Like fisherking said, the busier the wallpaper, the easier it is to see the effect. I noticed galaxy, stars, etc. backgrounds work well. Same with water/droplet backgrounds. I have the zoom set close to low and pitch/roll set to high. Seems to work well for me.

I haven't tried 3Dboard. At the moment, I see any point in spending $2.99 vs. free.

6. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

I've noticed deepend has a more realistic effect than 3dboard. Plus it's free. Better product, better price. Can't argue.

7. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Interestingly 3DBoard has gone through four updates/upgrades in the last few days.
    In fact, there was another just a couple of hours ago.
    Each time I update and then check to see what the difference is I see none.

I have hopes for this little mod but so far it's a fail.

8. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

3Dboard is not bad (i mean, i can't try deepend, am on a 3GS); it adds subtle depth to the screen; my friends appreciate it (if nothing else).

can't wait to see where "3D" is in another 6 months/year...