3G/3Gs seem so "cheap" now...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMJustAGuy, Jun 14, 2010.

1. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Does anyone else feel, after watching videos and whatnot, that after seeing the new iPhone it just looks really cheap and toy-ish? I majorly DESPISED the new iPhone's looks at first but have now found a new love for it. I was just watching a youtube video with the 3G and it just looks like a plastic toy, and so unprofessional. Thoughts?

-Dale

2. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I thought this when upgrading from my 2g model. I still think that the iPhone 2g is the best looking of all the iPhones.

3. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Nah, I think it looks fine. It is a phone, a tool to better your communication. It looks no worse than any other phone on the market right now. The pursuit of always chasing the latest and greatest tech item will cause customers to feel like what they have now isn't good, thats what marketing is all about. Apple needs to make people feel like they need the new iPhone, which clearly they have done with you.

TL;DR: Its a phone, if you think it looks cheap its because Apple marketing worked on you.

4. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

disagree. I think the 3G/3GS looks just as it did in the past. Fine

In order for the 3G/S to look cheap and toyish now it would've had to look the same way in the past.

5. ashVID macrumors regular

Agree with an earlier poster, the difference was more an issue from 2G to 3G. It felt less substantial and more "cheap" at first, but, as always, we assimilate and grow to love it.

ash =o)

6. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

ANd it scratched surprisingly easy.

7. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

I think the 3G looks pretty good in white ,2G looks amazing and this 4G looks professional:cool:

8. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

I've been thinking the same lately. The first iPhone was beautiful and simple. I liked the 3G/3GS at first, but after seeing the 4, it looks cheaper. The iPhone 4 design is the best yet IMO. The glass back, metal sides, round buttons, all beautiful.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

The iPhone 3G and 3GS looked fine. Most on here said it was beautiful (their thoughts, not mine, since to me it’s just a phone) TTYTT. The 4 is just different.

10. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

I thought this until I had the iPhone in hand. It scratched badly on the first day and seemed like a toy.