iPhone 3G 4.1 bricked

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by D.Sowa, Oct 12, 2012.

1. D.Sowa macrumors newbie

iPhone: 3G
    iOS: 4.1 (or none) :p
    Baseband: 05.14.02
    Jailbreak: redsn0w
    Activated: yes

Hello boys & girls!

I'm here looking for some help. My little sister has bricked her iPhone. The thing is:

1. The iPhone has been jailbroken with redsn0w and Cydia was NOT synced via wifi afterwards.
    2. We don't have SHSH saved on a 74.208.10.249 server, Cydia's or any other places.
    3. "Erase All Contents and Settings" was accessed right after jailbreaking.
    4. Of course, iTunes shows a "The iTunes update server could not be contacted" message.

Resumé

We have an empty jailbroken phone without SHSH saved. Some people said there is a tethered restoring method but I haven't found anything around. Perhaps, you have any other ideas.

Thank you,
    DS

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Just put your phone in DFU mode and restore to iOS 4.2.1 (the latest available for the 3G). You can then jailbreak with with GreenPois0n rc 6.1.

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Try to do a hard reset first, hold home and power for about a minute, may it will snap out of it.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Not after Erase All Contents and Settings.

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

It's in a boot loop, on some occations it snaps out of it untouched, sometimes it doesn't and a restore is required.

6. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

If it were just in a boot loop, your advice would be good. But it's not just in a boot loop. Erase All Contents and Settings deletes files that are essential to the jailbreak. Resetting will do nothing in this situation.