3G - 4.2.1 on 6.15.00BB - can't find network

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Arisian, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

Hi guys,

I'm way out of the loop on this but trying to catch up.

I had a iPhone 3G at 4.1 and on 6.15 BB - I jb'd and unlocked quite a while ago but the phone for some reason could never find the network and it seems to stall out. Today I upgraded to 4.2.1 while keeping 6.15 BB hoping that it would work again, however, the phone is experiencing the same issue.

The phone will randomly find the network every 2 hours or so, but sometimes it won't allow outgoing calls and sometimes it wont allow incoming calls. All in all, it's just too unreliable.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this. I used pwnage tool on both occasions and tried to hactivate the phone - though I do have several att sims laying around I could try to repeat the whole process with. I live in China and have 3 JB'd 3GS and 3G's working just fine.

Any thoughts and suggestions would be extremely helpful. Thanks so much.
    Brian

2. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

wheeew

Ok - let's add some info to this situation.

I've reinstalled 06.15.00 to the phone 3 times now - twice w/o activating it from redsn0w and pwnagetool (tried both). I've tried jsut about everything.

Now I can get the phone to connect to the network but then after that outgoing audio shuts down. Ie, the person Im calling can be heard just fine but they can hear me for about 20 seconds, then I sound like a robot, then the audio completely drops out. this is very consistent and is happening across all tests.

Sometimes the phone will just randomly lose the network as well. I do not believe it is the hardware since the phone has been working perfectly in the past and has not been abused. I can also use the sim card in my other iPhone just fine.

again, the phone is a 3G on 4.2.1 and 06.15 BB - any advice or thoughts would certainly be helpful. Im quite at a loss here.

Cheers,
    Brian

3. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Is the 06 baseband not the iPad baseband?

There's been posts about it which ring a bell.

4. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

5. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

From what I've read in other threads, once you're stuck on that baseband you can no longer install normal firmwares and need to use custom firmware's since the iPhone version is 03 (just checked my iPhone 4 on 4.2.1).

Until Apple get the iPhone BB up to 06, you're stuck on the iPad BB.

6. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

yup - knew that.

7. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Hey Arisian, glad to see you back here. Hopefully somebody can help you out as I am lost. Have you tried a simple network settings reset and all that good stuff?

Its not hacktivated correct? If so, I would never suggest hacktivation(unless you use the SAM fix) so yeah I would just activate normally

8. Arisian thread starter macrumors 68000

Arisian

Tried the reset a few times as well as SAM, non-SAM solutions as well as activating it on my own w/ ATT sim and then hactivating it as well.

Pretty much at a loss - truly believe it might just a be a BB issue, but seems like no one else is reporting this :)

really wish I could downgrade, but oh well - This is actually for a close Chinese friend of mine and explaining this entire process in Chinese is really pretty difficult... so for now "It's just broken/就是断了“