3G/4G lost when im talking

Serban

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
When im talking to my iphone 5s, lets say while im using personal hot spot the data speed is kind of lost, and 3G/4G icon is no longer shown

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
Which carrier do you have? CDMA iPhones can't do voice and cellular data at the same time.

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
Hopefully this flaw is fixed with VoLTE. It's not often I run into a situation when I need but when I do it's extremely frustrating I can't. It seems it should work since they use different radios, curious to the technical issue that's causing it to be a problem.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hopefully this flaw is fixed with VoLTE. It's not often I run into a situation when I need but when I do it's extremely frustrating I can't. It seems it should work since they use different radios, curious to the technical issue that's causing it to be a problem.
Different radios but on the same chip or something along those lines, which means both can't be used at the same time.

Serban

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Im Vodafone in Europe, data is not loss, just the peering is very high while im on personal hot spot

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Im Vodafone in Europe, data is not loss, just the peering is very high while im on personal hot spot
Oh so it is GSM?
What's the peering?
You mean the data speed gets slow during a phone call but still lets you use the hot spot right?
I noticed the same here with AT&T.
Seems like they throttle your data speed while on phone call. I dont get why though.