3g 4g or 5g?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xcfreak, May 22, 2011.

1. xcfreak macrumors newbie

xcfreak

I have a 1g ipod touch. i can't get any new music because my computer chrashed and i lost it all. I also can not get new apps because my ipod is too old. I would like a new ipod but i do not know if i should get a 3g (which is cheaper) 4g, or just save my money until the 5g comes out?
    If you know any new features of the 5th generation can you please tell me.

2. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Nobody knows for sure what the iPod touch 5th gen will add. You should know more once the next iPhone is released (In terms of processor, screen etc.). You should probably save for it though. The 4th gen will be out of date in less than half a year, and about one year from now, Apple will be getting ready to abandon all OS support for the 3rd gen if they continue their current trend.

3. Brucewl macrumors 6502

Brucewl

According to the date of today, I think you should wait for the next generation ipod.

4. Bear macrumors G3

I'd recommend against a 3g unless the price savings is just that attractive to you. Apple may or may nor drop support for the 3rd gen Touch when they drop support for the last iPhone 3 variant (which is soon). However, if they don't drop support at the same time, I wouldn't expect new iOS updates for the 3rd gen Touch for that much longer.

If you want one today, I'd say the current model would be your best bet. If you don't mind waiting a couple of months (at least) then it's your call on which to get.

Of course if you don't care about what new features you might miss out on, then go ahead save money and get a 3rd gen today.

5. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

It is rumored that iOS5 will not support iphone 3gs. If true then it also won't support touch 3g. Thus it makes no sense to get touch 3g.