3G 8GB iphone sluggish

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lyndeam, Mar 3, 2010.

1. lyndeam macrumors member

I have a 3G 8BG iphone running 3.1.2 (carrier AT&T 5.6). More recently I am having problems with the phone freezing and being unresponsive for a short time – usually while in messages on in mail (or maybe I just notice it while using these functions since I use them most). For example, while in messages I'll try to start a new message but the phone will not respond to my input and eventually throw me back to the homescreen. This has always been somewhat of a issue but was very sparse before and turning the device off/on seemed to solve the issue at the time but I’m starting to experience it more often in the last few months. The last time I restored my phone was probably about 6+ months ago for a completely different reason so I haven’t tried this option lately. I have pretty much convinced myself that the freezing is due to the fact that I only have 220 MB available… so I guess that’s my real question. Is it possible that my phone is being sluggish because I have it maxed out?
    I'm planning on getting the new phone this summer (assuming there is one) so if it is just a space issue I can live with that in the mean time... well regardless I'll be getting a new phone in a few months so I guess I can live with whatever issue I have till then. I was just curious if that could even be a real issue - could my slowness/unresponsive problems be due to my limited available space?

THANKS!

2. Oskee2001 macrumors regular

i think its definitely an available memory thing. i have the same issues with mine and i know i'm low on memory. i find a hard reset often helps for at least a while.

3. Love macrumors 68000

Love

Yeah, I know that my iPt and my iPhone felt very slow when they were loaded to the brim.