Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
OK. It's mucked - as in, it doesn't work 99% of the time.

I have to hold it up to a light and it takes 7 seconds to change (yes i just timed it). It's night and day compared to my 2g 8gb one.

When i go to the genius bar is this going to be a "restore it as new and see how it is then" type of deal? Or will it be cut and dry hardware is busted, here is a "new" one?

I'm an hour away, and $15 worth of gas from the Apple store - i really don't want to have to make more than one trip. Especially since i'm not in the frame of mind to deal with them due to an issue with my MBP post-repair.

I guess i could call - then i'd end up starting to rant like i did at the guy that i talked to the other day to check on my laptop apple care expiration date. I don't have TIME to rant on the phone about this.

UGH. I keep hoping it is going to start working - and it hasn't in 3 weeks, so i guess it's not going too 'eh?

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
guess you could try a restore yourself and then if it doesnt work take it back and tell them you did that, but in my experience it does take a few seconds to change the brightness.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
guess you could try a restore yourself and then if it doesnt work take it back and tell them you did that, but in my experience it does take a few seconds to change the brightness.

Do you have another one to compare it too? That is the biggest thing, it is very different than my other one. Heck, my daughter said something about it this morning while we waited for it to adjust.

I may just to the restore, then put it back. I can't leave it as a "set up as new" because of an app that doesn't have a restore feature yet.

I did find out I will be in town on Friday, so I can share the gas expense at least.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.