3G and apple care, shipped separately?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Eldiablojoe, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

OK, I ordered a 3G back on March 12. I also ordered the case, the power adapter, and AppleCare.

So, the case and the power adapter shipped separately, and have both arrived.

Is the AppleCare going to ship with the iPad or on its own? Has anyone else that has ordered AppleCare received it ahead of the 3G shipping?

Thanks.

2. NJMacJunky macrumors member

I ordered the Apple Care and just got the email that it was shipped, separately from the iPad.

3. Starbucker macrumors member

FWIW: I ordered a 32 GB 3G on launch day, along with a case and applecare. I got the case a while back, but the Applecare order was completed today, maybe we are getting closer!

4. tuckerstevenson macrumors member

5. Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Oh, okay. Good news then. My order status for the AppleCare says "Complete" too, but I don't know what it was before or when it was changed. The order status for the other items that have arrived say "Shipped" not "Complete." Does that mean they're just sitting on it, waiting to ship?

6. gencooliveoil macrumors newbie

What Customer Service told me an hour ago that this probably means my IPad's serial number was linked to the iPad AppleCare product. This is a good sign that the iPad will be shipped soon.

My AppleCare was "Not Yet Shipped" until sometime since yesterday afternoon, now "Complete" .... CS also said I would not receive and Apple Care package as if I bought it in a store, but I will receive a letter in the mail about 2 weeks after I receive the iPad.

7. muddy cleats macrumors member

muddy cleats

They ship apple care? each time I had it in past bought it online and just attached the code to a particular apple product...

8. RunOverProducti macrumors regular

9. Eldiablojoe thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

Wow, did you use your crystal ball for that one or are you just a genius at deductive reasoning?

10. MiguelS macrumors regular

Well it states Completed on teh AppleCare now...would they package it with the iPad itself?

11. Papajz macrumors member

re apple care

When I preordered my i7 imac quad core they shipped apple care same day but was over a month before the imac actually arrived, so not really sure that means anything!