3G and Edge does not work with ios 4.0 confirmed by AT&T Technical support!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deluxeh0, Jun 22, 2010.

1. deluxeh0 macrumors member

So after I installed 4.0 on my phone. I noticed that my 3G/Edge wasn't working AT ALL for the whole day. My 3G logo was there but no internet services were working. AT&T said theres a problem or something and to go back to the 3.1.3 until apple figures it out. Anyone else having this problem??:confused:

2. deluxeh0 thread starter macrumors member

CRAP i hope they fix this before the release of the new iphone :eek:

3. AdamA9 macrumors 65816

4. deluxeh0 thread starter macrumors member

very helpful..

5. AlanShutko macrumors 6502a

Working fine for me. And has been since WWDC.

6. deluxeh0 thread starter macrumors member

The firmware came out on Monday how did you get it since the WDCC? I'm talking about the new firmware that just came out

7. Cambot macrumors regular

I do not have this problem. Been using the internet to track my iPhone 4 since I updated.

8. deluxeh0 thread starter macrumors member

This sucks. According to the ATT rep he said there are a number of people having the same issue and we gotta wait on apple now.

9. DmbShn41 macrumors 6502

They released the iOS4 gold master to developers right around WWDC. Did you think Apple would just release software without testing it in the wild...?

10. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

It's been working fine for me since last week.

11. monksealpup macrumors regular

Yup, Apple releases iOS 4.0 which breaks BOTH 3G and EDGE data networks, and you're the first person to pick up on it. :rolleyes:

To be fair, AT&T users don't really complain online/everywhere if there's the slightest service issue, especially anything related to data. Oh, and the blogs/media certainly don't cover AT&T service issues, either. Good sleuthing there, chief!

12. woodyman macrumors newbie

I also had the same problem. Somehow APN wasn't saved after updating so I entered it again and I have 3G and edge again.

13. hushmartin macrumors 6502

Mine's working just fine. Was multi-tasking with Pandora streaming all afternoon. :)

14. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

This is a problem mainly due to jailbreaking and carrier files.

If you set up as a new iPhone it will work just fine but your restore files will reinstall the bad configuration settings preventing your cellular data from working.

15. Maaz macrumors 6502a

Omg dude I downloaded 4.0 and everything in my house stopped working. WTF apple!

16. finatk macrumors regular

Check;

Settings > General > Network & Check your APN settings i.e for me on this side of the pond it's mobile.o2.co.uk but after a restore or Apple update it sometimes changes back to idata.o2.co.uk which can cause the message "No cellular data" to flag up when using anything that requests internet access.

17. Fraaaa macrumors 65816

Fraaaa

I had some issues with 3G on O2 on my iPhone 3G+iOS4 and now that I'm back on 3.1.3 no more, it could have been the firmware.

18. oceansaway macrumors newbie

This is not an AT&T problem; it's an Apple problem. I'm in Singapore using an unlocked 3G on Singtel's network and, after upgrading to IOS 4.0, I had the same problem: no cellular data. Singtel was clueless about it. I finally ended up pushing the APN settings to the phone via the iPhone configuration utility and that seems to have worked - although my cellular data quit working at one point today and I had to reboot the phone.

19. OlgaJ macrumors 6502

Not with a 3G, you weren't. :D

20. notmymac macrumors member

For US users..specifically AT&T subscribers...Editing the ARN is not an option....

I have helped many people with this issue this week....Most of the time performing a sync, backing up, then restoring as new fixes the issue...

21. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I had the GM candidate in my 3GS since release and had zero 3G issues. However, I have had some intermittent 3G issues as you describe on my iP4. I have 5 bars and the 3G symbol on but no 3G. As I move and connect w/ a different cell tower the problem fixes itself. I assume this is a s/w issue that will be ironed out in the next firmware release.