3G and wifi just stopped working?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Swede, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Swede macrumors newbie

I have had a little search but kinda find a situation exactlly where this has happened..

My 3G and wifi have been working fine, but today in the afternoon both just stopped working.. I have an iphone 3G on 3.1.2 unlocked with blacksnow and jailbroken with blackrain. I have backed up my shsh on saurik's server so was thinking about restoring back to 3.1.2 and just doing it all again but its just such a long process reinstalling everything and etc etc etc which i would really rather not go through!!

is there a common fix or would i have to restore to 3.1.2 using help from this article:

http://www.ihackintosh.com/2010/02/downgrade-iphone-3gs-os-3-1-3-to-3-1-2-with-cydia-shsh/

i really really need the unlock as i dont have any other phones and am stuck at university! any danger to the unlock is not worth the risk!

any help much appreciated guys, cheers.

2. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

Besides a reboot the restore is the only other thing that you can try.

3. abmirayo macrumors newbie

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

To make sure it's not a hardware issue, which you won't be able to fix, try doing the freezer test for 10 minutes to see if the wifi works for a few minutes. If not, you could install the "Push Fix" from Cydia, which can fix wifi issues (I don't think it has anything to do with 3G though).

5. Swede thread starter macrumors newbie

i have rebooted yes and i do have push fix installed

the iphone says its connected to the wifi network here and itunes recognises it no worries, it even says internet tethering is taking place.. which it is not as my desktop still sits there without internet..

this is so horrendous :'(

6. Swede thread starter macrumors newbie

redsn0w did nothing.. i need to restore to 3.1.2 then jailbreak again.. tips?

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I assume you did the freezer test? Otherwise, you may be trying to fix something that can't be fixed by software.